We Drag Cullen To Safety - Aspen

(Decade pictured above)

"I think these guys are bandits," I whisper to Quinn. 

"Well, isn't that great," She sighed, letting her head fall back against the seat. Ever since we started our trek in the woods she'd been on high alert, but now she looked completely defeated.

"I'm not sure how we will make it out of here. Once Cullen wakes up we might have a chance, but that's three against one. Unless you have any other magical powers your hiding," I say, worried we might not make it out of here alive. 

Quinn shook her head, and her bottom lip quivered slightly. "Am I going to die?" she asked looking at me, her golden eyes threatening to spill.

"I don't know," I answer, "I really don't know."

"Hey, you two! Shut it!" One of the men bark, a slight accent on his tongue. "I thought you put gags in their mouths, Nargund!"

"I did!" The man responded.

"Well, not good enough, as you can see, the two girls are yappin' back there."

"It's not like they can do anything, they're bound and stuff, all they can do is talk."

"Ugh, you're useless! I don't see why Mardurow let you come," Accent man grumbled.

The cart came to a stop, and the men in front got out. They opened both of the side doors and grabbed Quinn and me.

Both Quinn and I were slung over the two men's shoulders. I stole a quick glance at her. She looked seriously ticked, her down mood was replaced with anger. To the left, a half-conscious Cullen was being dragged along. 

"Uhhhhh," Cullen groaned.

"Ah, shut it, you'll be fine, we've got medics in the fort," Accent man said to the now unresponsive Cullen.

We stopped at a large gate with wooden pole-like spikes surrounding the area. Two people were stationed at the front, a druid woman and an orcish man. Both had permanent scowls plastered on their face. They let us through the gate with a grunt.

The man put Quinn down and shackled her wrists, the man carrying me did the same. I thought back to my father, oblivious to the fact that I'd left. How would he and grandfather react if they found out I had died? Sure, my relationship with them wasn't great, but they were still family.

A loud crack shook the earth, the tremors sending us sprawled on the ground.
"Rebel attack!" A man said to the right, he regained his balance from the quake and drew his sword. A small group of warriors burst through the gate, all of them in brown cloaks black masks with white lines and markings painted on.

The bandits shouted orders as the rebels invaded their camp. In the confusion, our captors left our side, leaving Quinn, Cullen, and I on our own. 

"Quick, grab Cullen, we need to drag him to a safer spot," I say. So, with our hands shackled, we slowly dragged Cullen out of the war zone. 

We pull him to the side of a building ten yards from the bloodshed. The sound of metal clanging filled the air, and bright flashes of magic flickered before us.

 Quinn pressed the back of her head against the side of the building next to us, closing her eyes. She breathed deeply, her hands pressed against her side. A small patch of red soaked through her white top, a feathered stick visible. She looked me dead in the eyes, a look of anger spreading across her face.

"They frickin' shot me " she said, taking in another deep breath.

I scrambled to her side and lifted her hand. The blood covered about three to four inches around the arrow. 

"May I lift your shirt to see?" 

"Sure, go ahead," she said weakly.

I take out a small blade from my pocket, and with the little slack my metal bonds gave me, I cut the shirt down from the arrow so I could lift it. The arrow had gone deep into her side, enough that the head wasn't visible. 

"Son of a Banshee," I curse.

"No dip, Sherlock."

"I can't see the arrowhead, and I don't want to pull it out, it might make it bleed more," I warned.

"It's fine, we'll figure it out once the fighting stops, assuming we aren't killed first."She leaned back against the wall, breathing heavily. I looked back at the fighting, only a few bandits were left. The cloaked people took the last down within seconds. 

 I debated calling out to them, fearing if they found us they'd kill us as well, but Quinn was dying and she needed attention.

 I called out, a couple of the warriors looked our way, one of them walked towards us, taking off his mask.

"You don't look like bandits, no," He glanced at Quinn, seeing the arrow in her side and grimaced. "Hey, Oriel! We've got some injured captives, the bandits must have gotten them not too long ago, they're still bound and they ain't locked up. Get Decade and help me get this girl into the wagon."

 "Thank you," I say. I looked down at Cullen "Could you help him as well? He was knocked out when we were taken captive."

"Yeah, his wound doesn't look as bad as the young lady's though, he'll be fine for another hour. She, on the other hand," he gestured, "she doesn't have that kind of time."

The kid named Oriel rushed over with a woman about twenty-five or so, and. with the help of the other man, picked Quinn up and carried her off. Two other men came and took Cullen. 

 "The name's Decade," The woman said. "Your friends are in good hands, I'm one of the best medics around this place, I'll get 'em good as new in no time. Meanwhile, do you mind helping carry some bandits' supplies to the horses and wagons outside the fort, you might as well make yourself useful while you wait."

"Yes, anything!" I thanked her and hurry off towards the storage sheds.