c h a p t e r t w o

As Kara sat on her couch she couldn't stop thinking about that man she saved yesterday. Something about him felt different. Special. Every time she thought about it she tried to brush it off but the thoughts came rushing back. She was quickly snapped back to reality when her work phone started buzzing.

"Supergirl speaking." She stated, in a monotone voice.

"Supergirl, NC Hospital, the man you saved last night. Mike Mathews he said he would only speak to you." The person on the other line said.

"Oh, okay. I uh I'll be right there." Kara hung up and sped into her suit.

"Supergirl, he's right over here in room 419." The doctor said, pointing to the room in the corner. Kara slowly walked down the hallway. It got darker and darker as she kept walking. She slowly turned left into the door. There he was. Laying there on the bed.

"Supergirl." He whimpered. He his was croaky. "I- i need to get out of here. They are going to figure it out."

A look of confusion grew on Kara's face. She thought about what he said. Then it hit her.

"You're an alien." She stated.

His head nodded slightly. He winced in pain from the slight movement. She nodded to him, and shut the door. Slowly, she unattached the useless wires from his body and gently scooped him up. Without trying to set off the alarms she quietly opened the large window and flew out of it.

Kara didn't know where to go, so she took him to her loft. Gently, she laid him down on the couch and flew back to the hospital. She had to lie to them and tell them he had escaped.

"Doctor! Doctor!" Kara yelled into the hallway. "He escaped!" She lied, as the doctor came rushing in. "He wasn't in here when I got into the room" Kara knew full well that that was the biggest lie she had ever told.

     Panic grew over the doctors face as she told him what happened. Kara's heart sunk, she hated lying but she knew she had to do it for the alien in her apartment.

     Finally the doctor sighed and started speaking. "Well, Supergirl there's nothing we can do. I didn't even know his name." Kara nodded, trying to hide the small smile that grew in her lips. Her plan had worked.