c h a p t e r f o u r t e e n

Kara bolted up in bed. A cold sweat ran down her face. She looked around. She was back in her loft. She turned to her right. Mon-El was sleeping soundly next to her. She quickly shook him awake.

"Mon-El wake up wake up!"

"W-w-what's happening." He grunted. His eyes widened when he saw Kara's panicked face.
"Kara's what's wrong? Are you okay?"

"My family, Alex, my friends, they're still alive. And I know where to find them."

"Wait so you are saying you had a dream about everyone that supposedly died in the fire. And in that dream they told you they were still alive. And you know where to find them."

"And I know how to get them. But you won't like it. I need Valerie to help."

"Kara... she's just a kid. We can't risk her getting hurt."

"She won't get hurt. I promise. We just need a distraction. No one would hurt a kid. Even the toughest soldiers."

"Where do we find them?" Mon-El gave in.

"At the old Luthor Corp building."

     The two told Valerie about the plan. She was hesitant but she agreed. Kara promised that she would be safe.

"Kara are you sure you're okay to do this. I mean you are pregnant."

"Mon-El these people are my family. Pregnant or not I'm saving them."

     In about two minutes, the family of aliens arrived at the supposedly abandoned business. Valerie looked up at Kara, worry in her little blue eyes. Kara stroked her blonde hair, reassuring her that everything was going to be okay.

"You got this bubs. Everything will be okay. You remember what to do."

Valerie nodded and ran inside the building.

"Somebody help! Help! There's an alien outside trying to hurt me!" Valerie yelled.

Immediately masses of armed men ran over to the girl.

"Don't worry little girl. We will protect." One said.

"That's our cue. Let's go." Kara motioned for Mon-El to follow her through the back door.

Slowly, Kara turned the handle of the door. It creaked open, revealing a huge dark room. Kara searched the wall for some kind of light but her luck wished her otherwise.

"Hello?" Kara yelled into the darkness.

"H-hello." A feint voice croaked.

"Who's there?" Kara yelled back. She used her laser vision to light up the room. There they were.

"Mon-El go get them!" Kara yelled, her head vision still lighting up the room.

Mon-El ran over to the cell and yanked it open.

"Hi. I'm here to save all of you. And we gotta go now."

Immediately Alex, J'onn, and James stood up. Eliza and Winn needed help. Kara sped over to the two and grabbed them.

"I'm here, I'm here. I got you. We're going to get out of here. Everything is going to be fine."

"Kara we gotta go now!" Mon-El yelled.

Kara grabbed onto Alex and James and sped out of the room, Mon-El following close behind them.

"Drop the people!" Someone yelled from behind them.

    Neither of the two listened. They just kept running. They ran until they got back to the loft, where they would hopefully see their eight year old daughter.

"We're here. We're home Alex, everything is going to be fine."

"Kara.." she whimpered, "you found us."

"Always Alex."

     Kara gently placed her family onto every piece of furniture she had. She ran over to Valerie who was standing in the corner. Immediately she embraced the small frail child in a hug.

"You did it bubs. I'm so proud of you. We saved them."

"Mommy I was so scared." Tears streamed down the girls face. "Mommy I was so scared, I don't wanna die." She whimpered.

"Hey hey bubs. I got you. You're safe now. Everyone is safe. We're all safe."