c h a p t e r t h r e e

Kara sat and stared at the strange alien laying on her couch. He hadn't woken up since she brought him here. A nagging feeling in her heart told him that maybe this wasn't the right thing to do. Kara mind swarmed with the thoughts of how she was a failure, and she couldn't even save an alien. As Kara continued on with her dreading thoughts the man started to stir.

     His eyes fluttered open a few times and his left arm slightly twitched. Kara was pulled out of her dreadful thoughts by this small movement. Suddenly the man jolted up and stared at Kara.

"You. You were the one that saved me last night."

     Kara nodded, pushing her hair behind her ear.

"I don't know what they would've done to you if they figured out you were an alien. I had to help." She mumbled.

"Thank you." Said the man. He stood up from the couch and held his hand out. Kara looked up, slightly smiled and took his hand.

"I'm Mon-El. I'm a slave from Daxam. I escaped the royal prince and never looked back."

     Those words rung in Kara's ears. Daxam. Her planets rival. But she couldn't help but feel bad for the man. He was a slave to the horrid family.

"I'm Kara Zor-El. I'm from Krypton. I hope our birth planets won't get in the way of us becoming friends."

     Mon-El nodded. He sat back down on the couch, folding his hands and putting them on his lap. He looked at the ground, not knowing what to say.

"So, do you have anywhere to stay?" Kara asked. She also looked at the floor. The two never met eyes.

"I uh, I just lost my place." Mon-El replies glumly. He wrung his fingers together, causing them to pop. "My uh girlfriend died, and i was just in a bad place."

"Oh. Yeah, I get it. I lost everyone. My adoptive parents, my sister, and my best friends. A uh fire at the old D.E.O killed them." Kara choked back tears as the words fell out of her mouth. "I couldn't save them in time." Kara whimpered.

     Mon-El placed his hand on Kara's knee. He looked at her, straight in the eye.

"We can get through this." He simply stated, and went back to his original position. Kara nodded, wiping the tears that she didn't know fell from her eyes.

"Thanks." She sniffled.