c h a p t e r s e v e n t e e n

"Come here bubs! Do you wanna see your sisters?" Kara asked.

     The little girl's bright blue eyes lit up as soon as she saw her mom. She immediately ran over to mother with the goofiest little toothless smile. Kara chuckled at the sight of her daughter.

"This is Alexandra, Ally for short, and your other sister Paisley." Kara said, pointing to each one of the twins.

"That one has blonde hair like me!" The child pointed out.

"Yes, little miss Paisley has blonde hair for sure."

"She also has your bright blue comets." Mon-El added. He stood in the doorframe waiting for his daughter's reaction.

"Daddy!" She yelled and ran over to him and jumped in his arms. "I love you daddy." She mumbled.

"Love you too princess."

     Kara smiled. The thought of having a family used to be impossible to Kara. She was an alien. Supergirl to be exact. She wasn't meant to have children. But now, looking at her beautiful family, now she wondered why she could ever think that. This was the best thing to ever happen to her.

     A cry erupted into the room. Ally had burst into tears and Paisley followed soon after. Kara and Mon-El immediately ran over to see what the problem was.

"I think they're hungry." He said gently stroking Ally's cheek.

"Well, duty calls." Kara said picking Ally.

     Mon-El quieted Paisley until it was her turn.

"Alright I'm going to need to hold my nieces now." Alex boomed as she walked into the medbay. Kara chuckled and handed over Paisley to Alex.

"Ooh gimme gimme." Alex squealed as she picked up the small baby. "She's so precious Kara."

"Thank you." Kara replied, rocking a sleeping Ally.

"Mommy I'm hungry." Val whined from her chair.

"Well bubs, go ask daddy if he can go get you some food."

Valerie jumped out of the chair and ran out of the room. Her little legs zoomed out of the door as she ran to find her dad. He was probably off somewhere talking to J'onn. They had become good friends ever since they got rescued.

"So, when can I take them home?" Kara asked in a pleading voice.

"Today." Alex stated. She had her eyes focused on the little Paisley. "She has the brightest blue eyes ever. Just like you."

"Yeah. Paisley is definitely my mini me."

"Agreed." Alex kissed the top of her forehead and laid the baby in her small glass crib. The baby whimpered but almost immediately fell back asleep.

"Kara, go take your babies home. Okay?"

"Okay." Kara nodded.

     Kara walked up the stairs to her apartment, both baby carriers in her hands. Mon-El had a sleeping Val laying on his shoulder.

Kara slowly turned the doorknob of her loft and opened the door. A fresh smell immediately filled her nose.

"Well babies... welcome home." She whispered.