c h a p t e r t w e l v e

"She's asleep on the couch." Mon-El said, closing the curtain to close off Kara's room from the rest of the loft.

Kara stared at the ground, not even acknowledging Mon-El.

"Hey are you okay?" He asked, walking up to Kara and sitting next to her. He rubbed her back as Kara continued to stare at the ground.

"I can't believe my mom is dead. I - I just saw her a year ago. She can't be dead." Kara mumbled. Tears streamed down her face as the words fell out of her mouth.

"I know it's hard babe. I get it. I can't tell you that it's going to be okay anymore because to be honest I don't know if it will be. But we have each other. I'll be here forever. I'm never leaving."

"I love you Mon-El, so so much. You make me so happy."

"I love you too Kara Zor-El." He stroked his thumb across Kara's cheek to wipe the tears off. He gently pressed his lips against hers.

"Good morning mommy and daddy!" Yelled Val as she jumped on the bed.

"Uhhh!" Kara grunted. "Good morning!"

"Good morning Val." Mon-El chimed in. "What would you like for breakfast?"

"Hmmm, PANCAKES!" She yelled and ran into the kitchen.

Kara and Mon-El looked at each other and laughed.

"How are you?" He asked.

Kara sighed. "No-." She ran into the bathroom and threw up. Mon-El ran in behind her and comforted her as her morning sickness kicked in. "Not too well." She said when she finished.

"Come on, let's go get some food in you."

"Alright one pancake for Miss Valerie and five pancakes for Miss Danvers." Mon-El boomed, causing both of the girls to laugh.

"Why does mommy get five?" Val asked as she dug into her pancake.

"Well Val, it's not just mommy she is feeding." Mon-El tried to explain.

She cocked her head in confusion.

"Mommy have two babies in her tummy."

"I get to be a big sister!" She yelled and jumped on Kara. "Mommy is having a baby, I get to be a big sister!" She cheered.

Kara laughed and tickled the child. Causing even more laughter to fill the room. Mon-El joined in and Valeria broke out into a hysteria of laughing.

"Alright Alright Alright, we have to go. We get to know the gender of your siblings today bubs!" Kara declared.

Valerie jumped up into the air, but instead of going down she flew up into the ceiling. Kara acting fast and flew up and caught her little girl.

"So someone has powers." Kara sighed and looked at Mon-El. Valerie looked down in embarrassment.

"I'm sorry mommy." She whimpered on the verge of tears.

"Hey bub, it's okay. Mommy isn't mad."

"Ms. Danvers, we are ready for you." The doctor called.

The family stood up and followed her into the ultrasound room.

"Who's this little one?" The doctor asked as Kara laid down on the table.

"This is my daughter Valerie, we decided to bring her today."

"Well hi Valerie, are your excited to find out the gender of your little siblings."

Valerie nodded vigorously. The doctor squirted the gel on Kara's small bump and position the wand on the gel. She slowly moved around the wand and stared at the screen.

"Alright Ms. Danvers, you and your family are having two baby girls!"

Kara's heart jumped in her chest. Two baby girls! She was going to be a mom of three girls. She looked over at Mon-El to see his reaction. Tears streamed down his face and passed his big goofy smile.

"We're having two baby girls!" She squealed, squeezing Kara's hand.