c h a p t e r f o u r

Kara stared at the beige ceiling above her. She rubbed her mother's necklace between her thumb and index finger. She thought about Mon-El. A friend to help her get through this dark tunnel. She was tired of being depressed. But she couldn't fix it. No matter what she did the pain still loomed in the back of her mind. Now that she had Mon-El things might be different.

Knock knock

Kara slightly jumped at the knock at her door. She squinted her eyes to use her X-ray vision to see who was there, it was Mon-El. With a slight smile she stood up from the couch and walked to the door. She grabbed the brass knob and twisted it to revealing a goofily smiling Mon-El.

"Hi." She giggled. "Are you okay?" Kara stepped back, inviting him into her small home.

"Yeah yeah I'm fine, just wanted to check up on you, make sure you are okay." He shoved his hands in his pockets and swayed back and forth on his heels.

Kara nervously laughed and folded her hair behind her ear.

"Well, I'm fine. Why don't you sit, I just ordered a pizza." Kara said, sitting down on the couch. Mon-El sat next to her. She threw a knitted red blanket over the both of them and picked up a slice of pizza, Mon-El did the same.

"So how are you holding up?" Mon-El asked, taking a bite out of the slice.

Kara shrugged. "Honestly not very well. It's just been so hard, everyone in my life is gone. I don't really know how to handle it."

     Mon-El nodded. He laid a hand on Kara's knee to comfort her. Instead of moving away, Kara felt comfort in his hand touching her. Like everything was going to be okay.