Chapter XIV

The party that Ruby dragged me to seems laid back and chill. No one screams in my face the moment I walk through the door jam.

    Now, I scan the crowd with a pop in my hand, looking at all the outfits. Even though Halloween is over, the thrill of it still has to die down. Some people are dressed like bananas while others are some creative things. One person came as an ugly sweater with their friends faces all over it. Ruby fell in love with the idea and left my side to talk to the dude, admiring the sweater. The faces were literally knit it.

    I expected Caleb to show up about ten minutes ago, but he texted me and told me his little sister was sick and he couldn't make it. Although I was sad, I was also relieved.

    I have nothing against people who are into the kind of stuff Caleb is in, but for them to want to do it with me freaks me out. I hate being chained up, or un-mobile. I always have to go go go. I can't be tied up waiting for someone to touch me. Besides, Caleb hasn't even told anyone of his preferences, so maybe he doesn't want to tell me about it. If he doesn't tell me before we have sex--if we even do--I do not want him to not enjoy it.

    "Cassie, right?" A familiar voice says suddenly by my side. I snap my gaze up to look at the new person. Turner stares down at me, a seemingly happy smile on his face.

    "Yes," I answer before looking forward. Hopefully, he gets the hint that I do not want to speak to him. Turner pops his hip out to hit mine before continuing.

    "You know, you're really quite beautiful. Especially since you're a goddess."

    "I'm not a goddess, I'm a queen."

    "Even better," Turner flirts. His eyes light up when I turn to glare at him. I'm playing right into his game.

    "Whatever you are playing at, Turner, I don't want in."

    "I'm not playing a game at all, just shooting my shot." I roll my eyes before scanning the crowd. I scan the crowd a little more frantically when Turner leans into me. Where's Ruby?

    "I'm taken," I hiss when Turned places a hand on my shoulder. I push him off, making him slosh his drink all over his hand. He looks up with dark eyes, a rough smile tugging along his lips.

    "Rough. Dominant. I love it," Turner says, shrugging off my obvious disinterest. I back up when he comes forward again.

    "Stop!" I shout. My eyes glance around the room, looking for help. But everyone is screaming because they are constantly getting scared. What's one more person screaming? My eyes lock on the pop can in my hand. It's half empty, and the constants can burn one's eyes if dumped into it.

    "Come on, Cassie. You won't like Caleb like you like me," he says, coming so his body is flush against mine. My teeth grate and my eyes narrow into a razors. He thrusts against me. In seconds, the pop can is slapping against his face. The frail aluminum cracks and the contents of the can spill out and across his Julius Caesar costume.

    "I said stop," I growl out, my voice turning to a dangerously low octave. I throw the can at him as I walk away. Now people have noticed, their eyes glued to me as I powerfully strut away with only a drop of soda on my dress. Ruby comes to my side the moment I enter the kitchen, me ravaging the coolers for another pop. Don't tell me the last one is currently wasting on Turner's face.

    "What the hell was--" she gets cut off as someone shouts.

    "Beer pong challenge!"

    Everyone turns to look at where a table magically showed up with cups lined up in a triangle. A boy hovers beside it, his face partially covered by a mask. My head tilts at the mask, the exquisite shape drawing in my immediate attention. His strong jaw hooks around perfectly, his nose peeking from under the mask. As if sensing me watching, the boys eyes snap over to mine. They are as black as the mask.