Anniversary

Two weeks later...

I woke to the rays of morning sun shinning brightly on my face. I groaned, getting out of bed and into the bathroom. As usual, I carried out my normal routine of brushing, bathing and blow-drying my hair afterwards.

I felt so elated for no particular reason, as I scanned my wardrobe for a nice outfit. After much raking, I settled for a polka dotted shirt and black pants. Once ready, I made my way out of the room, only to be greeted by a rowdy house hold.

I barely recognized the house I lived in because, every corner of the house was filled with one activity or the other. I scanned the room with my eyes until it fell on Katherine, who was busy giving out instructions to one of the maids, and I made my way to her.

"Good morning dear, I can see you're already awake." Katherine smiled at me, as she noticed my presence.

"Yes I am. Sorry what's going on, are we having a party or something?" I asked, as confusion was written all over me. She dismissed the maid, before turning to me, with a big smile on her face.

"Okay, so I heard today is the anniversary of your mum and brother, and it also got to my attention there's never been a proper anniversary, so I decided to organize a little thing in remembrance of them." She finished, and my eyes watered.

How could someone be this thoughtful, how did I fail to miss her beautiful soul all this time?

Before she could say another word, I pulled her into a hug, as I sobbed silently. She hugged me back, rubbing my back gently and assuring me it was okay.

I pulled away after some seconds, and watched her wipe the tears off my face.

"Today is not for crying sweetie." She said, as she rubbed my shoulders soothingly.

"Thank you so much, I really do appreciate your sensitivity." I thanked her, and she nodded.

"Alright. As much as I'd love to stay with you all day, I have work to do, and orders to give. You can keep yourself busy if you like. Brett is in the Wi-Fi house I guess, Chloe should be in the kitchen stuffing food into her stomach, and your dad should be in the study.." She finished, and I smiled at her. Before leaving, I pulled her into a short hug.

I made my way into the kitchen, to be welcomed by the nice smell of bacon, making my mouth water. Sitting on the kitchen counter was Chloe, stuffing food into her mouth like a hungry Lion.

"Easy Tiger, or you're going to choke to death." I joked, taking a seat next to her.

"Good morning sis, hope you're glad about the anniversary?" She put down her fork, as she stared at me. "Of course I am, so thoughtful of your mum." I smiled back at her, before looking around the busy kitchen.

"Who do we have here, my favorite smallie." I heard Mr Pedro's lovely voice from behind me.

"Good morning Pedro, how are you doing today?" I asked him and he nodded at me. He asked what I'd love to have to breakfast but I couldn't decide on something when there were alot of mouth watering meals in the kitchen.

Mr Pedro walked into the main Kitchen and resurfaced with a plate of bacon and cheese, accompanied with a glass of apple juice. I thanked him, before delving into it.

Chloe and I made small talk as we ate, and she told me about her encounter in school and all that.

"So, what's up with you and Leroy?" She asked, wiggling her brows at me. "What do you mean?" I returned with a question, as I ate.

"Come on! You know, I saw you two cuddled up the night you and Rick broke up. I got the info from Damon and I wanted to comfort you but you were all lovey cozy with Leroy. So what's up?" She shot me a puckish smile, and I blushed.