outside

She was on her third cup of tea, her legs tucked up underneath her with Tessa's head in her lap. Her hand was gently stroking behind the dogs ears as she listened to Nikki tell family stories with a photo album to go along.

She'd been there barely two hours and she already felt like she was apart of the family. It was almost like she'd forgotten all about the whole reason she was there.

Juniper almost didn't even notice the front door opening and closing. Apparently neither did Tessa, because her head stayed still in Juniper's lap.

"Mum? Did Harrison come by, he fucked off today and wouldn't tell me why."

"No, hun. I haven't seen him." Nikki stood up and walked around to the doorway of the sitting room, Juniper watched as Tom appeared, giving his mother a peck on the cheek and a hug. "How was work? Any surprises?"

"Uh it was pretty boring, same questions one hundred times. Why would-" His speech was stalled he saw Juniper sitting on his couch, with his dog. "Am I- this isn't real." He laughed slightly as Tessa jumped off Junipers lap and trotted over to Tom.

"No, I'm pretty sure I'm real." June smiled and stood up, she was about to walk towards him but he bet her to it. Tom all but ran across the room and scooped her small frame into his arms.

"You're actually here- how? When? Jesus Christ." He presses his face into her hair.

"When you decided to be annoying and never stop moaning about how much you missed her." Harry spoke up from behind the two.

"Sod off, Harry." Tom pulled away from the hug and flipped his brother off.

"By the way, I think Tessa likes June more than you." His voice trailed off as he left the room, taking their mum with them, leaving the two lovebirds alone.

Tom grabbed her hand and lead her over to the couch, sitting down with Juniper following his lead, leaning into his side. He wrapped his arm around her shoulder and kissed her head.

"I can't actually believe you're here." Tom spoke quietly and grabbed her hand, rubbing his thumb over her knuckles.

"Well I only found out I was coming here yesterday, so, me neither." She laughed quietly and looked up at him. "Your mom is really nice."

"I told you she'd love you." He smiled. "I also told you Tessa would love you."

"Oh my god she's so cute, she- oh my god. I mean you know, she's your dog." Juniper looked down at their intertwined hands. "Your mom said I could stay in the guest room or in your room, but then she said she was too young to be a grandmother."

"Of course she did," He rolled his eyes playfully. "You don't have to stay in my room if you don't want too."

"No, I do." Juniper smiled as he kissed the side of her head. "It was a bit embarrassing for a couple seconds but it was fine. Your whole family is so sweet and your house is amazing."

"It's pretty small but it's home."

"Sam said pretty much the same thing but I wish I grew up somewhere like this. I lived in 6 different apartments over the course of 13 years, up until I was on X factor and started well, working I guess and making money. My money is what let my family have an apartment that we didn't have to worry about the price going up and not being able to afford it anymore.

"I also haven't told you this but I don't have a very good relationship with one of my moms. It's a long story I don't want to bore you with it but yeah, not a good relationship. I don't know who my dad is, obviously. I don't really care so it doesn't matter but yeah. Your family- I just met them and I already feel like a member of it and I already feel like they'd almost do anything for me. You're so lucky you grew up in- I don't know everything about your childhood but from what I gather- you grew up in such a supportive and loving family.