Two

"We were never properly introduced," Sirius said, as he led Calliope and the Weasleys up to the bedrooms that they would be sleeping in.

"I guess we weren't," Calliope mused.

"Well, in that case, I'm Sirius, your almost godfather, but you were a fussy arse baby," Sirius grinned, he stretched out his hand to shake Calliope's in a mock formal greeting.

Calliope shook his hand and felt a shadow wash over her. Her vision went black, and she saw an image of Sirius falling through a murky veil. She stumbled on the stairs, and Sirius caught her.

"Careful," said Sirius as he pulled her back up to her feet. She glanced around and saw that no one had noticed that everything had changed, no one apart from Fred

"Thanks," Calliope shook herself back to reality, "I need to talk to you in private," she whispered to Sirius so that no one else could hear, but somehow Fred seemed to hear, as he was giving Calliope a very concerned look.

"Okay," Sirius seemed a bit put out by Calliope's sudden change, but he continued as of very little had changed, "Calliope and Ginny, you'll be sharing this room," Sirius opened a door to reveal a room with three single beds in it.

********

Everyone began to settle themselves into their rooms, but Calliope and Fred both made their way back downstairs to the kitchen where Remus and Sirius were.

"Can I speak to you?" Calliope asked.

"Uh yes," Sirius seemed quite wary.

"You're going to die," Calliope said bluntly.

"Way to break it nicely Screamer," Fred murmured.

"I don't know how else I can say it!" Calliope protested, "When I shook your hand the whispers sent me a vision, you're going to die Sirius."

Sirius' mouth had fallen into an 'O' shape and Remus looked equally stunned, "well, we're all going to die someday aren't we," Sirius tried to shake off the news.

"No, you don't understand, I've seen your death, which means we can stop it from happening," Calliope explained, "I wouldn't tell you if I didn't think we could stop it from happening."

"I need to feed Buckbeak," Sirius ran his fingers through his shoulder-length hair, he exited the room swiftly, letting the door slam shut behind him.

"I didn't mean to upset him," Calliope told Remus, "I just don't want anyone else to die!"

"Don't worry Calliope," Remus got to his feet and patted Calliope's shoulder, "I'll talk to him and explain your intentions."

"I don't him to die, but the whispers haven't lied to me before, maybe we can stop this death!" Calliope insisted.

"I hope we can," Remus nodded. He patted her shoulder once more and inclined his head to Fred, before he followed Sirius out of the room, presumably to try and console his oldest living friend.

Calliope sighed and sat down at the kitchen table.

"Screamer?" Fred asked tentatively.

"It's not just me is it?" Calliope asked, "nothing feels right since we've got back, I can't seem to fit anywhere, but then you got here, and suddenly everything fits."

"I know exactly what you're talking about," Fred took a seat beside her, "something happened to us last year Callie, something that I don't understand."

"I understand very little about my life," said Calliope, "I guess I can just add this to the long list on unexplainable things."