Forty

Warning: This chapter contains mild bad language. Enjoy!

"There's really nothing to stay here for anymore," George said as he and Fred exchanged a look the several days after the discovery of the DA. Dumbledore had left the school and Umbridge had resumed the position of Headmistress of the school. 

"I can think of one thing to stay for," said Fred, with a certain banshee on his mind.

"Oh please Freddie, as if she wouldn't leave with us if you asked her to, she hates Umbridge more than anyone," George rolled his eyes at his clueless brother.

"She needs to take her N.E.W.Ts, she's too smart to pass up the opportunity to succeed," Fred shook his head.

"You make it sound like Callie needs N.E.W.Ts to succeed," Natalie clambered onto the bench at the Gryffindor table between the twins and grabbing a piece of toast, "Callie is too stubborn to do anything else other than succeed."

At that moment, Calliope entered the hall. She angrily slammed her full bag down on the bench opposite Fred and sat down beside Lee, who had his eyebrows raised at her.

"I'm so done with that woman," Calliope stared angrily at a sugar bowl, "she's- she's-"

"A bitch?" George suggested.

"Exactly."

"What did she do this time?" Natalie asked.

"She released a paper about how halfbreeds shouldn't be allowed to integrate within society," Calliope fumbled in her bag to locate a copy of that day's daily prophet, she slammed it down in the table and flicked to the page with Umbridge's article, pushing it towards the twins and Natalie so that they could read it.

"I really want to shove a Niffler right up her ass," Lee said dreamily as he stared at Umbridge's empty seat.

Natalie, George and Fred were so absorbed in the article that they didn't notice Umbridge approaching behind Calliope and Lee. This was why all of them jumped half a foot in the air when she gave her little cough.

"Miss Doge, Miss Hughes I do not believe that this is your table," Umbridge said sweetly.

"We can sit where we want," Natalie responded, "Callie looked it up, there's only a rule saying that we have to sit at our own table for dinner and special fests like Haloween or the start of term, so we're not breaking any rules-"

"I think you will find that you are wrong there Miss Hughes, Educational Decree Number One-Hundred and Five forbids any inter-house contact outside of class time," Umbridge smiled.

"Are you serious?" Fred demanded, "you're trying to cause more division at Hogwarts, you're expecting me not to see my girlfriend just because of one of your stupid Educational Decrees!"

"No Mr Weasley, I'm expecting you not to see Miss Doge because of Educational Decree One-Hundred and Eighty-Three."

"What the fuck is Educational Decree One-Hundred and Eighty-Three?" George almost yelled, most of the hall were watching the interaction between Umbridge and the group's interactions.

"Now, now Mr Weasley," Umbridge said in a sing-song voice, "your bad language is in direct violation of Educational Decree Number Seventy-Three, and Educational Decree One-Hundred and Eighty-Three forbids inter-student relationships."

"Oh, you've got to be fucking kidding!" Fred stood up, glaring at Umbridge, "you can't control people's lives like that."

"On the contrary Mr Weasley, I am the Headmistress of this school," said Umbridge, with a small smile, she turned on her heel and walked merrily towards the teacher's table, she paused for a moment and turned back towards the group at the Gryffindor table. "I expect to see all five of you in detention with me tomorrow night, and Miss Hughes and Miss Doge I strongly advise you to return to your own tables."

Calliope and Natalie grumpily got to their feet and stomped back over to the Hufflepuff table. 

"It's kind of funny how she thinks she can stop us speaking to each other," Calliope said to Natalie with a slight grin.

Natalie gasped in mock horror, "Callie you would never abuse your abilities to get what you want would you."

"Of course not," Calliope winked at her friend, "cover for me would you?"

"Of course."

Calliope sat herself down beside Natalie, and focused on Fred across the room, she materialised back in the spot she had just vacated beside Lee.

Fred was mid-rant about Umbridge, meaning that he didn't spot Calliope until she interrupted him.

"That woman makes me want to scream," Calliope observed.

Caught off guard, Fred let out a high-pitched scream, causing many students around them to laugh at the escapades of the Weasley twins.

"Why did you stop abusing Umbridge?" Lee asked, "it was music to my ears."

"Where is she?" George asked, looking around. George seemed to have identified the signs that Calliope was there in her astral form.

"Callie don't creep up on me like that!" Fred complained.

"I didn't creep up on you!" Calliope retorted, "I just appeared here and you didn't notice me."

"That classifies as creeping if you ask me," Fred rolled his eyes.

"So what do you and George have in store to ruin her life?" Calliope said with a glint in her eye.