Twelve

When Molly returned with the sandwiches, everyone pounced upon them. Ginny and Hermione began talking together, and Ron listened in and interjected occasionally. The twins seemed to be discussing what they were going to use their newly acquired doxies, however, they were doing this under their breath in case their mother would hear. Harry and Sirius were off to one side talking.

Calliope was sitting on her own, chewing on her sandwich slowly as she stared at the same cabinet to the left of the mantlepiece, which was giving her such a bad feeling.

When they came to tackling the cupboard, Calliope was finally able to see what had been causing her such discomfort. The group passed around a heavy locket with a large snakelike S engraved on the front of it, none of them was able to open it, despite how hard they all tried to prise the doors apart. It seemed to be sealed shut. Sirius tossed it on the mounting pile of rubbish that was to be thrown away, much of which had the Black family crest upon it.

Calliope leant down and picked the locket up from the pile, "do you mind if I keep this?" she asked.

Sirius frowned, "what do you want with that old locket?"

"It gives me a funny feeling," Calliope gave no more description than this.

Sirius shrugged, "keep it, I don't want it."

********

Kreacher the house elf seemed very distressed in the following days. He rooted through everyone's possessions and practically turned the house upside down as he seemed to be searching for something.

"What are you looking for Kreacher?" Calliope enquired as the elf cleared out the wardrobe in the room that Calliope was sharing with Hermione and Ginny. Calliope had been reading up on some of the course material that she had missed the previous year when her solitude was interrupted by the elf.

"Where is it?" Kreacher muttered, seeming not to hear Calliope's question. The elf turned around to look at the rest of the room with bulging bloodshot eyes, which immediately rested on Calliope's bedside table, where the locket lay.

Calliope had never seen the elf move as fast as he did when he dove across the room to grab the locket, unfortunately, Calliope was closer and able to grab it before the elf could.

"Is this what you're looking for?" Calliope frowned at the locket as the elf made a vicious grab for it. She could tell that this locket was entwined in some dark magic and she wasn't sure if it would be safe to give it to the elf.

"Give it to Kreacher! Filthy halfbreed!" The elf screamed, "Master Regulus' locket! It must be kept safe! Kreacher must protect it! Kreacher cannot let you have it!"

Calliope looked at the locket again, it seemed to mean a lot to Kreacher, "here Kreacher, you can have it." She passed the locket to the elf, who snatched it from her viciously, and bolted from the room, almost knocking Fred over in his haste to leave.

"What's that about?" Fred frowned at the retreating figure of the elf.

"A locket," Calliope shrugged, "anyway, sit down, this is Defence Against the Dark Arts, you need to read it too!" She shook the book she was holding.

Fred groaned.

"We've got to catch up Fred, or you won't be in classes with George anymore."

So Callie briefly had the locket? Oooooooo 
What do you think of Bonded so far?
Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx