Forty-One

"So, what makes you think that I would want to stay here?" Calliope wrinkled up her nose at the thought.

"Well, we figured that you'd want to take your N.E.W.Ts," shrugged George, "the only reason we've hung around this long is that Fred won't leave if you won't."

"Why would I want to do N.E.W.Ts if it means spending more time with that hag," said Calliope.

"Uh..." Fred scratched the back of his neck.

Calliope shook her head and laughed, "sometimes you know me so well Fred, and other times you're so ridiculously dense." Natalie shook her arm in the real world, altering her that she needed to return to her own body, "I've got to go, see you in charms."

"Callie!" Natalie said.

"I'm back, I'm back!" Calliope looked at her friend, "what is it?"

Natalie pointed at the Hufflepuff common room's notice board where a new note in big letters had just been posted over the parchment containing the Hogsmeade dates. ALL HOGSMEADE TRIPS CANCELLED.

Calliope groaned, "so we can't even leave now?"

"It looks that way," Natalie said, "anyway what did the twins say?"

"Well George was talking about them planning to leave, and Fred was saying he didn't want to because he wanted to stay for me, which I told him was stupid because it's not like I really want to stay here either."

"So you told them that?"

"Yeah, I really think that they'll do it," Calliope told her friend, "they've got this joke shop pretty much all set up-"

"What about you?" Natalie asked, "will you really leave with them? What about your N.E.W.Ts?"

"It's not like Fred and I can easily be away from each other," said Calliope, "I haven't forgotten the beginning of last summer-"

"When you got to spend a whole week in bed," Natalie said dreamily.

"Yeah, with a fever and a constant migraine," Calliope rolled her eyes, noticing that Natalie's shoelace was once again untied and bending down to tie them up for her friend, "Nats you really need to learn how to tie your laces."

"Why, when I have you to do it for me," Natalie grinned, "and eventually I'll work out how to do it with magic, why bother with the muggle method when I have wonderful access to magic and an amazingly talented best friend who can tie my laces for me- anyway, don't get off-topic, will you really leave if the twins decide to?"

"Well," Calliope finished the laces and sat back down on her armchair, " as I said, I can't exactly be away from Fred for long and it's not like I even care that much about N.E.W.Ts-"

"Calliope Doge, those twins have been an awful influence over you."

"Well, I never really saw myself working at the ministry or any of those jobs that you need N.E.W.Ts for, in fact, I don't really know what I want to do. But Fred does, and who am I to stop him from pursuing it as soon as he can."

Natalie let out a little squeal.

"What?" Calliope frowned at the strange noise coming from her best friend.

"Well- It's just-" Natalie a had massive grin spread across her entire face, "you're so cute, worrying over his future and- well, at least your ridiculous lack of common sense and the fact that you never think anything through fully, can be brilliantly complimented by Fred's complete lack of everything else. The only thing he has is common sense, so he can be your common sense!"

"I think Fred has more than common sense!" Calliope protested, "and I definitely think things through before I act!"

"Oh Callie," Natalie sighed, "do I really have to remind you of the time you took off for Algeria on my broomstick with no plan?"

"No you don't need to remind me of that," said a disgruntled Calliope with crossed arms and a slight pout on her lips.

So it was my 18th Birthday on Friday. Since becoming a legal adult I have been to watch Frozen II, smashed my face on the bath resulting in a nose bleed and sat in bed for most of the weekend. Is this what it's like to be an adult? 
Also, Callie's life is going far too well at the moment, I think I should do something about that.
Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx