Forty-Six

"Happy Birthday Callie!" Fred burst into Ginny's room where she was still staying. They had had a busy day of cleaning the shop the previous day and Calliope had left exhausted. Whilst the twins were using magic to do their part, Calliope had been scrubbing and carrying boxes by hand.

"Did you have to wake me up?" Calliope yawned. 

"Well," Fred seated himself on her bed, as Calliope sat up in bed, gathering her covers around her, "you're seventeen now Callie, so you can do all of the magic in the world, including this-" Fred moved her chin with the tips of his fingers and kissed her, causing a crackle of electricity to course through both of their veins.

The kiss started off slow but quickly deepened as Calliope pulled Fred closer to her and their bodies pressed together.

Someone cleared their throat causing the two to separate and look at the door, where George stood, "I'll come back later, it seems that Fred is giving you his present at the moment." George disappeared from the door, and Fred turned back to Calliope, with a grin on his face.

"You know that's not your only present right?" 

"You didn't have to get me-" Fred placed a finger on her lips.

"You're seventeen Callie, and I'm your boyfriend. I had to get you something," Fred reached into his pocket and pulled out a scrappily wrapped present.

"You're terrible at present wrapping," Calliope commented.

"It's lucky that I'm amazing at present wrapping then," Fred flashed another grin. Calliope took the present from Fred and began to unwrap it. It wasn't very hard, she pulled at the first piece of wrapping and all of the paper fell away.

Calliope pulled out a small drawstring bag and gave Fred a strange look.

"Just open it." Fred rolled his eyes.

Calliope did so, pulling out a silver key. 

"You know magic kind of makes keys redundant-"

"It's symbolic Callie," Fred shook his head, "George and I are planning to move into the flat above the shop, and this key is me asking you to move in with us."

"What?" Calliope stared at the key, "really? You really want me to move in with you?"

Fred laughed, "of course I want you to move in, why else would I ask."

"I just thought that maybe you and George would want to set the shop up by yourselves."

"Well, for once you were wrong," Fred's grin widened, "so will you?"

"Of course I will," Calliope pulled Fred in for another kiss, which again deepened quickly as the pair wrapped their arms around each other.

"You've got to get dressed," Fred said as they broke apart, "Mum makes a killer birthday breakfast." 

Calliope pulled herself out of bed and (once Fred had left the room) began to get dressed before heading downstairs where Molly had set the table for breakfast. 

Molly seemed to have begun to come around to the joke shop idea after she saw how dedicated the twins were to the concept and began to realize that they actually did have a concrete plan.

"Happy Birthday dear," Molly smiled as she placed a plate of toast on the table.

"Thank you, Molly," Calliope smiled and sat down beside Arthur, "this looks lovely."

"Happy Birthday Calliope," Arthur smiled as he set down his newspaper and rubbed some sleep from his eyes.

"Thank you," Calliope smiled at him.

"Help yourselves," Molly gestured at the food, "don't bother waiting for the boys, they'll turn up eventually."