Chapter Three

I ran towards the villain as Logan went towards the villager. The villain held his hand out and vines shot up from the ground, tangling into a sword shape. I growled as he pulled the sword up. I swung mine down, but his vine-esc sword stopped mine. He pushed back, making me stumble. I regained my posture and got ready for attack.

"Stop!" A voice cut in, making us both halt our actions. The villager ran over to the villain and stood in front of him, arms spread to protect him. "How could you just attack a person?! Thats very bad behavior for a prince!" He scolded.

"Wha-But he attacked you! You screamed!" I said in disbelief.

"If I am to understand he yelled because of this Hogna Lenta." Logan walked up to me, a spider was in a test tube. "And it does seem like we have jumped to conclusions about this...man." Logan looked the villain up and down. "However, a villager has no business in such a forest."

"Do not talk about me like I'm not here." The villager pouted. "And my name is Patton. Also, this is Lord Anxiety's forest and he lets me come here."

"He's no lord!" I declare. "He's a villain! And he's dangerous. I request you come with us Patton."

"I am a Lord." The villain finally spoke. He walked in front of Patton and stood in front of him. Black wings made themselves known as he glared at Logan, and me. "I am the Lord Anxiety of the Dark Forest. This is my kingdom, and you are trespassing. Get going Princey." He spat.

"I am Prince Roman! Not Princey!" I huffed, stomping my foot to make a point.

"O-Okay Kiddos lets settle down." Patton said and patted Anxiety on the back. "How about we relax and have a snack? Prince Roman, Handsome Glasses Guy, You're welcome to join."

"My name is Logan." Logan deadpanned with a sigh. "As relaxing as that sounds, we can not. We must find a young girl."

"I took care of that already." Anxiety rolled his eyes. I glared at him. "It's my job to keep people out. She was a people. Get off my case, and out of my forest."

"'Get out of my swamp!'" I mimicked bitterly. "You sound like Shrek."

What the dark villain like man did next shocked me. He hissed!

"Did you just hiss at me?" I asked with a offended face, brows furrowed.

"Its what I do when I reach my limit with stupid people!" He declared. "Thats it. I want everyone out. Sorry Patton. We can do this next time." Anxiety held up his hand and all the trees parted to make a way out.

"Awe. Well, I hope you have a good day Anx." Patton smiled. He grabbed Logan, and me by the wrist and pulled us, and our horses out of the forest.

We reached the outside and the trees and vines filled back in. I huffed. "How can you be around such a bad guy?" I ask.

"Yes, his personality was quite savage." Logan hummed and grabbed his horse's reins.

"He's not Evil. Actually he's very kind. He just has a hard time showing it." Patton hummed and started walking towards the kingdom. "You probably shouldn't come back here though. He was really upset."

"The Dark Forest is full of evil!" I sighed and walked beside the villager. "Nothing good comes from it."

"Say Prince Roman, Why does a rose have thorns?" Patton asked.

I raised my brows in confusion. "To protect the rose of course."

"That's how the Dark Forest, or really anything is." Patton stopped. "The thorns protect the beauty from those who want to hurt it." Patton's voice was soft and calm as he spoke. The look on his face was that of melancholy. "Welp this is my bakery. Stop by some time!" Patton said cheerily before walking inside.

"Do you have any idea what Patton just said?" I glance at Logan, who is writing something down.

"No. But it seems the Dark Forest is a place that must be unlocked." Logan hummed and glanced at me. "Let us hurry to the castle. I must speak to your father."

We mount our horses before galloping to the stables, and into the castle. With my father's permission, the Dark Forest's secrets could be uncovered, and I could bring Anxiety to his knees. I was sure my father would allow it. He was a reasonable man.

"ABSOLUTELY NOT!" Okay, so I've been wrong before.

******************
A/N Sleep? Is that you? Nope. Just me, writing this chapter at 5 am. What is sleep?