Chapter Twenty and a Half

Things were quiet in the castle, far more quiet then I would have liked. With Roman away at the Dark Forest, and my Queen, only in name, gone to visit her family, it was quiet.

"Your Highness." I looked up from the window and smiled.

"Remy, you came back early?" I asked.

"Roman is taking Virgil out to visit the town, I decided to come back." He shrugged, walking over to sit on the window seal with me. "I've been wondering something Thomas," I simply smiled at him, waiting for the question I knew would come. "Why do you allow Roman to get so close to the little Fairy Lord." Remy asked.

I sighed and smiled, though I'm sure it was bitter. "As you're aware, I'm Gay Remy. I married Roman's mother, and she married me simply because thats what we were ordered to do. Our divorce is secret, and we're more of just close friends that had a child together." I sighed. "Neither one of us wanted Roman to have to marry because he had to, we wanted him to have a choice."

"The doesn't explain Virgil." Remy hummed.

"When I met Virgil I knew he needed a lot of love, call it my Dad Sided Morality if you will. Roman has so much love to give. Even if they weren't, or do not get romantically involved, I think they can help each other."

Remy let out a loud laugh. "You royals are so amusing. Fine, I'll help and keep an eye on them, just don't forget what what you promised me." The tired looking man swooped down and pecked my lips. "After Roman is King of course." He smirked before leaving.

Sighing wistfully, I looked back out the window.

"True love doesn't happen right away; it's an ever-growing process. It develops after you've gone through many ups, and downs, when you've suffered together, cried together, and laughed together." ~Ricardo Montalban

A/N Didn't see that comin did ya?!