Chapter Twenty-Six

Warning: Mild gore and death

I stared at the castle in front of us. The entire kingdom was dead. We had not seen a person, nor animal in the entire kingdom. The scent of blood, and venom hung horribly in the humid air. The smell of Basilisk.

"Stop children." I hissed, causing the children to meet my eyes. I still stood in 'dragon form', as my Virgil called it. "A Basilisk lay ahead of us. I smell the blood that drip by their fangs. I shall fight, ye three must travel onward." I watched them exchange glances. "I will not lie to ye children. The King of this land is full of taint. There be reason to believe a trial wait for ye all. Ye must prepare thyself."

Without waiting for their words, I walked head. My blue claw raise, pushing they hard wood until it parted. I swished my tail, hiding the children as they darted across the bottom teer and away from the current danger.

Across from myself was a large snake like creature. Dark scaled that were shaped as spears. Their eyes were sharp, calculating my every move and ignoring the children.

'You are the Dragon Witch Wicca yesssss~' The Basilisk hissed, tongue flicking back and fourth. 'You are here for the massssterssss toy, yessss?'

'How dare you sssssubject my baby dragon to a-a toy!' I hissed back in snake tongue, scrunching my muzzle in a growl.

'Becaussse itsss true! Hessssss my massster'sssss now. He alwaysssss hassss been!' He hissed back.

I growled and darted forward. He hissed and dodged to the side. I buried a claw into his tail, holding him in place as we fought. It was an unspoken rule that we weren't using powers for this, as it was a fight of honor, and protection. He hissed, snapping his snake jaws and biting into my shoulder. I grunted shoving him away from me.

Back and fourth. Growls, hisses, and grunts filled the air as we battled. I took bite after bite, delivering my own when he got too close to my jaws. Hissing, I threw him away. My shoulders, tail, and muzzle stung from bites. I could feel a soft sting from where his sharp scales raked across my smoother ones.

'Look at thissss.' He let out a hissed out laugh, bleeding from the side. 'The mighty Dragon Witch, weak becausssse of their affiliation with a fairy. Itssss pathtic! The fairy hasss done nothing for you. Join my masssster, and you sssshall be in power again!' He hissed.

I growled, and closed my eyes, thinking back on my time with Virgil.

---
"So, you're a Dragon Witch? That's cool! Can you teach me?" Virgil asked, hanging off my dark muzzle as his wings fluttered.

"Perhaps another time child." I had mused. "Ye need rest. Now, to bed."

"Whatever you say mommy dragon dearest." He rolled his eyes and fluttered down to the nest.

---

"Wicca! Wicca!" Virgil gasped, holding his hand out to show me a ball of energy. "I did it!" He smiled softly, excitement in his teenage eyes.

"That ye did." I hummed.

--

"I made this for you. You don't have to wear it." Virgil held out a pendant with wiccan writing on it.

I smiled, placing it around my neck. "Thank ye child."

---

I shook myself from my thoughts, resting my cold eyes on him. 'Ye isss wrong! Virgil hasss made me sssstronger than ever. Ye will never underssssstand.' Before he could respond, I charged him. Holding his body down, we resumed our horrible battle. Even in my weakened state, I bit into his throat and tore his head from his body, throwing it. Panting and covered in blood, I collapsed. "Save him, young Prince." I muttered before falling into soft slumber.

To Be Continued....

A/N I had little time to write this. Sorry for bad quality.