Chapter Thirty-One

He smiled up at me, a weak, broken smile, before shakily reaching to wipe my tears. Slowly, his arm fell. "Thank....you....my an...gel...." He whispered weakly, his body falling still.

"I'm sorry!" I sobbed, falling onto his chest. "I'm so sorry! I'm sorry!" My body was shaking, both from my sobs and the shock.

"Virgil." A soft voice cooed, pulling me into their chest. I glanced up, meeting Roman's soft eyes. "Sshh it's okay." He whispered.

"Oh Virge." Patton whispered, sitting beside us, followed by Logan, and finally Wicca, who curled her dragon us.

"Ye helped him child." Wicca soothed. "A life tangled with the dark arts is not a life to be lived. it is a cursed life, full of pain. Offering him death was the kindest thing ye could have done." She nudged my side softly.

I sniffled, looking down at him. "I-I couldn't do anything for him...I-I wish I could have."

"We shall give him a proper burial, and hopefully he'll have a happier after life." Roman promised, cupping my cheeks. His warm hands wiped my tears away. 

"Thank you Roman." I whispered, falling against his chest again. "Were you guys hurt?"

"Just a few bruises." He promised. "We're all okay..." I choked on a sob of relief, nuzzling into his chest.

-14 Months Later-

"I can't do this!" I squeaked, pacing the room. My prince uniform was slightly restricting, matching Roman's in everything but color. Mine was black with a purple sash, and silver accents. On my head was my formal crown, scratching my head slightly.

"Calm Yeself child." Wicca mused, dressed in a off white dress, with black flowers on the trim. "Ye look dashing."

"She's right Virgil, you look great and we've been waiting for this day for a long time." Patton hugged me tightly, dressed in a black suit. "You're going to be okay. Just Keep Breathing."

"I shall head out. Deep breaths child." Wicca smiled before leaving the room.

"What if I screw everything up Patton?!" I asked, my wrings drooping. 

"Virgil!" Patton hissed, forcing me to look up. "Roman loves you, you love Roman. Thats all that matters." His scolding face melted into a sweet smile. "Remember what I always say: "

"Logan don't you dare touch that cookie?" I furrowed my brows.

"NO! Well that too, but no. It's: Love Conquers All." He grinned. I took a deep breath and smiled weakly at him.

"You're right. Thank you Patton." I sighed.

A gentle knock sounded on the door before Logan peeked in. He too wore a nice suit, matching Patton's . "It's time." He said simply, smiling before dipping back out of the room. 

"Ready?" Patton grinned. 

I sucked in a deep breath, before nodding. "Yeah." 

Music started playing as me an Patton reached the reception hall. The doors opened, showing a white carpeted isle, with people standing in front of benches. I blushed as everyone looked at me. One side was Roman's family and friends, while the other side were mine, and mostly creatures. Standing at the end of the isle was Roman. My heart skipped a beat as his face melted into a love sick smile. Slowly, Patton lead me down the isle. At the podium, Roman took me form Patton, staring down at me.

"So, Think you can live with me, my dark Prince?" He grinned cheekily.

I smirked at him. "Only if you can live with me, sir sing along."

Against all anxious odds, the wedding went without error. Roman and I stood at the steps during the reception. Each of us had a bouquet of roses, mine were black and purple, while Roman's were white and red. We turned around, and simultaneously threw the bouquet of flowers back, swiftly turning to see. 

A smirk worked it's way onto my face. Patton jumped, catching the black and purple bouquet with a large grin. He turned to Logan, and jumped  into his arms, a soft blush on both of their faces.

"Yes!" Roman clapped, pulling my attention. Roman's bouquet landed right in Thomas' arms. Remy grinned, pulling the past king to his chest. Roman's mother smiled, patting Thomas on the back. 

I smiled, looking out on the party. Standing on the far side was Dolos, his was transparent, glistening in a glittery yellow light. My breath left my lungs.

"Roman, look." I muttered, my eyes never leaving his outline.

"Wh..What?" Roman blinked quickly.

Dolos smiled at us before bowing. When he stood up he faded into the wind. 'Congratulations.' His voice whispered in my ear.

An odd sense of closure filled my chest, and I leaned against Roman. "Roman, I love you." I stated. 

Roman smiled. "I love you too." He murmured, kissing me softly.

The End