Chapter 5

The warmth of the sun hits my face and a small breeze wipes my hair out of my face. The world is almost unfamiliar. Overgrown grass, un kept plants and crashed vehicles littering the road. I enjoy this feeling, I close my eyes but instead of seeing nothing but darkness there is a soft orange glow. The sound of a gun firing pulls me from my thoughts and I jump, I looks at Keir, he's fine. He looks in shock at the fallen deer to our right. He pull me back into the staircase and immediately shut the door.
"What the hell was that?" He asks.
"A gun." I say sarcastically.
"No shit Sherlock. Even now you're still sarcastic, even when we could be killed." He says. I shake my head. I take a deep breath and smell smoke, the staircase is warmer than before. The red lights still glow dim then bright, when they dim there is a small orange glow and crackle. Shit. What the hell could be on fire? I look down immediately after that thought and see the stairs have wood covering the concrete base.
"We have to get out." I say.
"There are people with guns." He replies quickly.
"Yeah, but this is death, that might not be." I say with a semi worried expression. Keir only sees me when the red lights glow brighter. He pushes open the door again and there are four people all in a semi circle around the entrance, all aiming their guns at our heads.