Chapter 15

The small room is damp and cold. On the ground there is a blanket of water just high enough to soak my boots. How lovely. Looking around the room I just see a small desk with a plastic office chair to it's right. I've been here by myself for well over an hour, or what I think has been more than an hour. Time seems to drag on when you aren't sure what to expect, or when something could be threatening in anyway. Everything is quiet and the ringing almost seems to be loud. I stay quiet in hopes of hearing anything whether it's Mattea or Keir. See if I'm the idiot in the horror movie that will go investigate what made the noise and would probably end up dead after investigating the basement and walking up the stairs. Life isn't quite like the movies though, but now you still have a pretty high chance of dying. If Mattea is still alive, the chances of her living are slim. The worst thing with being shot in the stomach is the risk of infection. From my point of view this place doesn't look like it has the requirements for that. As long as there is a chance of any size that's good enough for me. This waiting is starting to drive me nuts and I'm starting to get tired and hungry. While waiting and listening to the silence I can't help but think about my mother and brothers. I wonder how things would be different if they were still here. I wonder what Matteas mother is thinking right now. How in the hell am I and Mattea going to get out of this? Yeah, sorry, your daughter stowed away in my car and got shot. Please don't murder us. Well, we'll both figure it out when we get back, assuming we make it back. As long as you're determined enough you can do anything, you just gotta try and keep up hope. I'm hoping that whatever is going to happen would happen already so I can talk things through with the Hollis Revivers, yet again, assuming these are the Hollis Revivers. If not, we'll that sucks big time. Looking around the room again I notice a small camera in the left corner on the wall of the door. If someone's watching they're just going to be seeing my facial expression stay the same, if there's audio, hopefully they hear the same ringing I do. I look to the door, then back at the camera to see the red light blinking and hear the lock on the door click.