Chapter 5 | Encounter With The Devil

Please note that 'Gray' is the nickname of 'Grayson'.

Enjoy 💜

"Please don't hurt me.... I beg you... Please.." large pools of tears streaked down my cheeks. My body felt numb after the numerous thrashings and smackings I received. He looked at me with disgust and hate. His eyes danced with flames and fury. His face formed into a dirty smirk as he slowly picked the heavy metal in his hands and made his way towards me.

I didn't have much energy left in me to fight back. I dragged my bruised feet and slowly limbed towards the dark dingy corner of the room. His laughter boomed through the walls as he took long strides towards me. "You think you can escape me?? the king of ZAAR!?" he grabbed me forcefully by my hair and made me look up at him, one of grandpa's many dirty tricks.

"Tell me you BITCHH!! What did you think?? That you could run away from me to go save that pathetic human??! Not happening when I'm around! You get that WITCH?!!" he spat venom and his grip on my hair was so strong that my head felt as if being pierced with thousand needles at a time.

"Please.... Let.... Go... It's.... Hurting... Pa.... Please..." I begged against his grip as pain started to proliferate all over my body. He smiled wickedly at me before taking out a butcher knife from his coat that shone brightly under the light. "Any last words, human?" he smirked wickedly as he slowly ran a clean cloth along its edge. "Pa... Please... Don't hur-

I wasn't able to complete my sentence as i felt the sharp knife swiftly piercing through the flesh right under my rib cage, which was followed by a sharp pain.

"Ahhhhhhhh......" I let out a blood curdling scream as I frantically woke up from my nightmare, panting heavily. I took deep breaths to calm myself and inspected my surroundings. Thank God, it was just a nightmare. I looked at the clock and it was only half past five. I looked around and found that I was lying in my large king sized bed, comfortably tucked under my blankets. Wait, I don't remember going to sleep. I was talking with Grayson yesterday. How did I end up sleeping in between?

It was then that the memories of yesterday night came crashing down to me. I fell unconscious right after Gray revealed that he was alive.... My dad. I still can't believe he's alive. I couldn't even imagine the pain he must have gone through, being locked away for 19 years. Since childhood, I was taught he'd never return, for he was dead. But now, I know the better truth. This is like my second life. I got back my father whom I thought was dead, and also my brother, whom I thought didn't exist. I lost them once, but not again. I'll find my dad with Gray's help and will take revenge on those who betrayed me, no matter what.

Knock knock!

I was snapped out of my trance by a loud knock at the door.

"Are you not up yet dear? You're gonna miss the fun shopping session today if you're gonna sleep all day long." she chirped in. Wait... Mom? She's back so early. I thought she said she won't be back for days.

"Elena, are you alright? Why aren't you answering me?" she almost whispered by the door. "Yeah mom, I'm coming. Just give me a moment." I almost lazily got up from my bed, and that's when I wondered where Gray was.

I was about to go look for him, but a small note on the table, near my bed caught my attention. I picked it up and it read :

Call me when you're ready.
My number : ### ### ###

~ Grayson

What? Call him when I'm ready? Ready for what?

"Elena, please make it fast, you're taking too much time there." she shouted by my door. I quickly grabbed my clothes and left for the bathroom. I took a quick shower, brushed my teeth, did my hair and applied a light amount of makeup before coming out. I was thankfully blessed with natural beauty and didn't need much makeup to cover up my 'just woke up' look. Atleast that's what I thought.