Chapter 11 | Brave

Elena's P.O.V

*Mild violent content ahead. You have been warned. (Sensitive readers beware.)

I pushed the double doors of the mansion and stepped inside. I looked around but couldn't spot Acheron anywhere. That's good. I took the stairs and headed straight for my room. Well, he asked me to stay inside but who the hell is he to boss me around? I'm afterall the daughter of a badass, literally. But I'll never be proud of that. I looked at myself in the mirror and noticed how boring I looked. This is not how I should dress, I've become a rebel so I must dress appropriately.

I'm going to live my life a little. Crying and sulking are for the weaklings and I'm anything but a weakling. Not my words but Cynthia's.
I searched in my closet and found a sexy strapless black dress. Perfect, now I need a reason and an occasion to wear this. I'm sure Ken knows some party to hang around.

I clutched the dress tightly in my hand and walked towards Ken's room. He asked me to fu**ing stay in my room until he says otherwise. Well, I'm gonna fu**ing not obey him and do the exact opposite because that's what rebels like me do. Girl, all this courage is making me giddy.

"Hey kenny..." I knocked on her door. A bit shuffling was heard on the other side and the door opened, revealing a very disheveled Ken.

She was in her sleepy state and didn't register me at first but when she did, her eyes enlarged into the size of saucers. "Heyyy...where were you?! I was freaking worried cause Acheron was also nowhere to be seen. I thought he abducted you and held you captive in zassacre!" She literally screamed in my face. Typical Ken and her typical wild imaginations.

"Really Ken? Very creative." I rolled my eyes. She shrugged and opened the door for me to enter.

"Soo wasupp gurll?"

"Um..I was thinking...were you planning to go out today? Like...to a party or something?" She might have caught the hint of sheepishness in my voice as she scrunched her nose.

Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "Yea..I was not really planning on going out but there's this party by Kiara's house a few blocks away. Why, you wanna go?" She said in an amused tone. She knows that I hate parties with a passion. I hope she doesn't freak out too much. Considering Ken, anything could happen cause that's how dramatic my cousin is.

I slowly nodded and that's when her jaw dropped. "Whaatt??! Where's Elena?! Who are you?! What have you done to her?!" She screeched, tearing my poor eardrums.

"Okay you can stop being dramatic now. I thought it was about time I changed. I have to loosen things up a bit you know. So, what do you say we crash this party tonight?" I tried sounding as enthusiastic as possible.

"Eeeeksss... totally!" She crushed me in a hug and we both fell into a fit of giggles.

"Omghoshimsoproudofyou...what better way to celebrate my sister's change of mind than partying?! yayyyy...I like the new el better..!!" Her screams will wake up the entire household and that's something i definitely don't want.

"Okay okay...keep it down will you? We don't want pa or Acheron to know anything. Short and crisp, be ready by 7. We'll take your car." She eagerly nodded. I chuckled and stepped out of the door into the hallway. I hope no one finds out our little act of protest. I also have the right to do whatever I want with my life.

I came back to my room and was about to take a nap when I heard mom's footsteps approaching. I could always recognise her soft footsteps no matter what.

"Hey sweetie..."

I turned around and saw her tired self by the door. I had totally forgotten about her. We needed to talk, about a lot of stuff.