Chapter 6 | The Unexpected

Gray's P.O.V 💚

*7:00 am*

"I thought the deal expired years ago!"

"Hah! That was just your illusion, Grayson."

"What do you mean?" I furrowed my eyebrows. This man is definitely driving me kray-kray.

"The deal is still ON."

"What in the world Simon?? You don't keep your word, do you?" he was supposed to close the deal years back, that traitor.

"Fine, but please don't hurt Elena. I love her so much." I had no other way than to give in to his stupid deal, otherwise Elena will be in much greater danger and I can't afford that.

"You wouldn't have agreed if you were so thoughtful of your sister fool." he smirked triumphantly.

"Damnitt Simon! I agreed right!? I already have a lot of other daring issues to handle. Don't make me add yours to the heap. Just get out, will you?" My anger took the better of me. He just glared and left.

Oh my lord, what have I done? Put her in danger again? Will she ever forgive me if she comes to know about this? I'm a monster for what I did years back. I don't deserve forgiveness, do I?

I sat back in my plush chair behind my desk, and replayed the events that took place today morning. Firstly, I left Elena just like that, without even giving her the slightest clue of where I would be. Secondly, Simon came back to me out of the blue and brought back the long forgotten deal, along with the documents, making the situation even more difficult. Oh my.... Could this day be any better?

I rubbed my temples and sighed, my headache wasn't showing me any mercy today. I ringed the bell in order to call my assistant, but regretted it the moment I heard her slutty voice.

"May I come in, sir?" Caroline asked in her extra sugar-coated voice.

"Yes."

She opened the door and got in, wearing something I would call beyond inappropriate. She wore short skirts and a crop top that exposed too much skin than necessary, along with heavy makeup, adding to the Caroline style. She's one of those real life barbies I wouldn't even care to take a look at. I couldn't help but internally puke at her futile attempts to impress me.

"Were you needing something, sir?" she half giggled while trying to pout her lips in an attempt to look more appealing. Not that she's appealing anyway. The way she openly flirts with me is unacceptable considering the fact that I am her boss and head of the Graysons group of companies. Yes, I am a billionaire, and I know what you're thinking, why I hid it from Elena. Well, let's just say, I hid it for a good reason. Sigh...I'll talk about it later on.

I dived out from my thoughts and looked forward to my present situation, Caroline. She smiled so wide I thought her face would tear. If I wasn't this weary and tired, I would have probably shown her what my hands could do to her miserable face. I held my urge to disfigure her face somehow, and sighed instead.

"Yes, I would like to have a cup of black coffee."

"And what about some sugar? I'll personally add some for you." she raised her eyebrows suggestively. She slowly leaned on to the table and kept her hand on top of mine, while intently staring into my eyes. That's it, I'm done!

"Get out of my room if you want to live longer." I said between my clenched teeth.

She became startled and quickly drew her hand back, curtly nodded and left my room. I sighed and closed my eyes, resting my head on the comfortable chair.