Chapter 7 | The Pact

Elena's P.O.V 💙

Oh. My. Lord. No....

I stared hard at the mere piece of paper in my hand, hoping it would disappear somehow. This can't be happening... I can't go to the Zassacre island, it's way too dangerous.

I didn't even read the whole thing and here I am, calculating all the possibilities of my death. ~Hey Elena calm down, read the document thoroughly and try to understand what it's saying. It might not exactly state that you will have to leave Zaarut~. The voice inside my head whispered.

Right. Here goes nothing. I took the paper in my hand and instead of concentrating on the word Zassacre, I tried to read the document from the beginning.

Elena,

You have entered the most important phase of your life. All these years have been nothing but a mere test of your skills for the embarking journey ahead. All your moves and doings will be watched hereafter by the respective board officials. Before arriving to the pact, we would like to present you with the details of the deal made by Grayson Madison on 28th of January, **** :

The pact states that Elena Horran Zaar, sister of Grayson Madison will have to obey the orders given by Acheron Jaret Zaar of the Jaret clan, in return for the sum of 2 billion dollars presented to Grayson Madison. If Elena fails to obey the order, she will have to face fatal consequences, as this mission is under a powerful spell cast by Cassandra Zaar of the Morris clan.

Details of the pact:

Elena must leave for the Zassacre Island and return with the gem of life that is situated in the deep forests of the island. She has to oblige as a fatal curse is to drag her to death if not. Further details follow.

The details of the journey :

🔹One month would be given for Elena to prepare herself for the journey. Assistance can be taken if needed.

🔹No delaying would be accepted. Elena must leave on 13th of February, xxxx.

🔹It'll take about 2 days to reach the island. And two days to return.

🔹Carry all the essentials with you, including some weapons that are to be used only during emergencies.

🔹Most important of all, DO NOT let anyone else other than than Grayson, and Cassandra know about your journey.

Hope you're mentally prepared for the embarking journey ahead. Wish you best of luck.

~ Acheron.

Tears welled up my eyes as I scanned my eyes again and again over the name 'Grayson'. I mean, how could he? How dare he? I'm his only sister and is this what I get for loving him? He agreed to this stupid human sacrifice and didn't tell me? I'm his sister for crying out loud!

I felt strong emotions building up against the walls of my head. I'm unable to separate my mixed emotions cause there were many. Hate, hurt, anger, sad, and broken?

I decided to confront him to know the better truth. He can't deprive me of that right can he?

Oops..

I totally forgot.... I'm at a function! Shit! Another long five hours to endure at this 'God knows when it ends' sort of party. I heaved a long sigh and stepped out of the room into the dark, cold corridor. I slightly shivered at the light cool breeze that carassed my exposed skin. I swiftly made my way towards the main hall.