4

"Ah jeez! You scared me." I said with my hand on my chest.

"Sorry, haha. Didn't mean to." Tobias apologized.

"What's up?" I ask him.

"Nothin', just wanted to say hi to my favorite little punk." He smiled.

"Oh, hi." I waved not knowing what else to say.

He waved back and smiled again.

We both stood there in awkward silence, not knowing where to go from there.

"Well, i gotta go to the bathroom" i tell him "I'll see ya later, man."
Then I made my way back downstairs and luckily there was no one in the bathroom when i got there.

I met up with James and Lita again and hung out for a couple more hours before i started walking home.
It was about 12:45 when i left, so it was kind of late.

The streets were quiet and the wind was blowing cold. I enjoyed the stroll, it was quite peaceful. I decided I'd have a smoke before i got home and as i reached in my jacket pocket for my lighter i heard the engine of a motorcycle start to get close.

I turned around to see it was coming from behind me so i kept walking. Eventually the bike caught up to me and the person riding it stopped right next to me.

"Hey, what are you doing walking by yourself so late at night? It's dangerous." The person spoke.

I was going to keep walking but the voice was familiar to me so i took a glance at who it was. It was Tobias who was talking to me.

"Well?" He asked, waiting for me to respond.

"It's getting late and i have to get home some how." I told him.

"Well it's really dangerous for you to be walking around on the streets at night by yourself, (y/n)."

"Oh gosh you sound like a parent." I chuckled.

"Hey I'm just stating the facts" he chuckled at my comment "how much further you got? If you want i can give you a ride home, it'll be much faster too." He offered.

"Hmm, fine. Only because I'm pretty tired already." I accepted his offer.

I got on the back of his bike and told him the way to my house. He nodded in response and started the bike but didn't move it. We sat there for a minute or two until i finally asked "well, what are you waiting for?"

"You know you have to hold onto my waist right? So you don't fall off."

"Ohh okay." I did what he told me to do and i was pretty awkward about doing it. I had never ridden on a motorcycle in my life and i was pretty scared of falling off, i hadn't completely thought this through when i accepted the ride home.

After i put my hands on his waist he started moving the bike and we made our way down the street. I didn't realize how far James's house was from mine. It was only about a 10 minute drive but you still had to get on the highway to get to my house.
That's when it hit me 'oh my gosh we're going to get on the highway.' Then i thought i could just tell Tobias to take the back streets. Sure it'll take us an extra 5 minutes to get to my house but I'd rather waste time than get on the highway while on a motorcycle.

But as i was about to ask him, he was already getting on the highway. I thought 'okay, maybe it won't be that bad.' But the bike sped up and i lost all of my calmness. I didn't scream but i was panicing so i ended up wrapping my arms around Tobias's waist and holding on for dear life.

When we got off of the highway i calmed down and loosened my grip on Tobias. When we stopped at a stop light Tobias chuckled and asked "I take it this is your first time riding a motorcycle, huh?"

"Yeah." Was all i said.

"I could tell" he peeked over his shoulder to look at me "There's a 7-Eleven across the street right there, do you want a slushie?" He asked.

"Uh, yes please." I accepted.

With that, we pulled into the parking lot and got off the bike. We made our way into the store and towards the slushie machines.

After we finished our slushies in the parking lot Tobias took me home. I thanked him for the ride and the slushie then walked inside my house.

I was super exhausted and fell asleep immediately after my head hit the pillow.