9

~Monday, after Tobias took (Y/N) home~

Tobias's P.O.V.

When I got home I tried my absolute best to be quiet, not wanting to alert anyone that I was home. Once I made it to the door of my bedroom, it was made clear that my attempt of trying to sneak in had failed.

"Tobias." I heard Sister Imperator's voice call from behind me.

I turned around slowly "Oh hi sister, you're looking well."

"Tobias" she paused, giving me a look that said 'don't try to be a kiss up'.

"You know the many rules and conditions that were put into effect after Papa Nihil granted you permission to have a normal life until you entered the church, correct?"

"Yes sister."

"And do you realize that you've broken one of those rules tonight?"

I sighed, just wanting the lecture to end "Yes sister."

"Can you tell me what rule was broken?"

"No visitors in the house because they could find out about the church and it could jeopardize-"

In the midst of my explanation, there was a very loud knock coming from the front door downstairs.

Sister Imperator rushed downstairs and made her way to the door, I followed after her.

"Good Evening Papa, to what do we owe the pleasure of your company?"

"Good evening sister, I've come to speak to the boy." Papa looked over at me.

"Uh, good evening Papa." I bowed my head.

"You look confused, do you know why I am here?"

"Okay listen Papa, I can explain... I know I wasn't supposed to have any company outside of the church over but she's a really good friend and she-"

"Tobias" Papa Nihil stopped me "I'm not here because you've broken a rule, I'm here to take you to the church for a few days to prepare you to become the next Papa. Your brother the II's (Second's) time is almost up, we had discussed this on my previous visit rememeber?"

"Oh yes yes of course." I was relieved that I wasn't in some sort of trouble.

That night I went with Papa Nihil to the church and I got fitted for my Papa robe and designed my face paint. My brothers Papa I and Papa II were there and gave me a lot of helpful advice while I stayed there.
I was also able to meet some of the Nameless Ghouls who'd be assigned to me once I became Papa.

Once all of that was done I was finally able to get some rest, so I made my way to the room that I was staying in. For a little while I just laid in bed, staring at the ceiling and thinking about different things. But one thought in particular popped up and a smile crept on my lips with the image of (Y/N) in my head.

She was on my mind as I was drifting off to sleep and then all of a sudden I found myself in the middle of the isles of the church.

Then all of a sudden I see (Y/N) surrounded by the Namless Ghouls. They had brought her here and had sat her on a chair on the platform.

The Ghouls made way for me and I walked towards (Y/N). I reached out my hand and then my eyes opened and I was back in bed.

~Friday~

I was able to go home on Friday around noon. The first thing I wanted to do was see (Y/N) but it was too late to go to school now.

(Y/N) had been on my mind a lot while I was at the church and honestly, the only reason I looked forward to leaving was to see her again.