Pack Up

I'm going to hate this. I still have all of my stuff at Denis's place. And he's always there. Well, I can't just replace all of my hard work and dedication. I grab some boxes and get in Alex's car. While I was driving, Alex jumped up and scared me.

"Where you going?"

"Alexander! Don't do that!" I swatted him, "I'm getting my stuff. You'd be a great help."

We sat in silence.

"So... how long have you know Denis?" Alex broke the silence.

"After college, I met him at a Starbucks and we started as friends then dated." I frowned at the memory, "We're here."

I was greeted by the manger, Florence. "Mr. Best, how may we be of service?"

"I'm good, Flo."

I walked into the elevator, with Alex trailing behind me, and pressed the 12th floor. I fumbled with my key when I got to the door. When I finally opened it, Denis stood in the living room arms crossed.

"Where were you?" He sternly asked, "I've been trying to call you all night. You never answered." He must've noticed Alex because he started to shout, "Really! Just like that, you find the next man you see and go off with him!"

"Hey, leave Alex out of this!" I snarl, "It's your fault anyways! If you haven't used my credit card, without my consent, we wouldn't be in this mess!" I breathed out, "I'm just here for my stuff, and Alex is here to help me."

"You're moving out?" He stared, "What about our relationship!"

"I'm ending it. Simple as that."

He breathed heavily. He glared down at Alex. Jealously was not a good color on him.

"You love him." Was he talking to me or Alex? 

"No." Me and Alex said simultaneously.

Denis pushed me out of the way to get to Alex, "You love him. I can see it in your face. If I can't have him, you can't either." He turned to me, "Get your stuff and leave. I never want to see you again."

So I did just that.