An Early Christmas

It's two weeks into November, and we're already putting up Christmas decorations. Alex was getting out the Christmas ornaments to hang on our plastic tree. I sat on the sofa, drinking hot chocolate.

"You going to help," He turned his head to look at me, "Sketch?"

"Hmmm, nah." I took a swig of chocolate.

He went to grab my cup, "At least let me have some."

"Hey!" I swung my arm to hit him, "make your own!" He frowned at me then went to place more décor, "So we're those people."

"The early decorators? Yes. It's never too early to get into the Christmas spirit!" He placed a snowflake on the tree, "So what did you get me?"

I almost spat out my drink, "What are you talking about? It's November!"

"So you do have present for me." He smirked.

"No, I don't."

"You're just keeping it a secret! What is it?" He hopped onto the couch, placed his head on my shoulder, and looked at me with pleading eyes.

"I told you. Nothing, yet." I placed down my mug to help. But before I could stop him, Alex grabbed my mug and drank from the other side, "Give it back!" He held it teasingly over my head, "Not funny, Alex!"

"Alright, here you go." He handed me the drink, then muttered under his breath, "You're so cute when you're mad." He probably didn't want me to hear that, but I did.

Lastly, I hung a nutcracker soldier, while grinning like an idiot.