Got Me Thinking

I can't get Alex out of my head. Yes, I see him everyday, but I'm thinking of what Ethan said— about me and Alex. I loved Denis. Maybe not as much as I should've.

I decided to go get a latte. I walked all the way to Starbucks, and I sat in the cold. I admired my surroundings, then my eyes landed on these two girls. They were around 15, and they were holding hands. Now I'm not assuming that they're dating, but I'm pretty sure they were dating. They just kissed too. Yup, dating— reminds me of Den- is.

I look down into my creamy dark drink— I'm hallucinating— the foam is swirling to form me and Denis holding hands. Why must I miss him now? Clearly, I'm an independent man who doesn't need anyone. Then the memories flooded back.

At the table next to me, I saw... me. It was very faint— like a dream. I turn my head to the sound of a bell, and see a very hazy, faint Denis walking out with two cups. He sits down with dream me and hands dream me a cup.

"You know." He starts, "Someone as pretty as you shouldn't be freezing to death. Need my jacket?" He pulls his jacket off.

I could see dream me blush.

"Thank you, sir, but I shouldn't." Dream me replies.

"I insist, and call me Denis." He extends his hand.

"Elijah." Dream me shakes it. I see the two sit awkwardly for a while before dream me speaks again, "Can I- Can I have your number?" Dream me looks down. "Please don't take it the wrong way. I would like to meet up with you again."

Denis smiles, "No problem."

That memory faded away. I miss him, but I'll get over it.

(I'm sooooooo ready for this spoiler, but I gotta wait for 1K views. I'll be patient tho. Bye, my homesicles!)