New Years Special

It was New Year's Eve and Alex decided to go to this party next door. I felt kinda awkward. I didn't know anyone. The only reasons I'm here is Alex and food— maybe the ladies. I spent most of my time by Alex's side, but when I saw the food table, I lost sight of him.

I finally found him in the basement— arm wrestling. I let him do his thing, and he won.

"Um, Alex?" I walk up to him.

"Hey, Sketch, whatcha need? How was the food?" He smiled brightly.

"It was great— listen can we head back?"

His smile dropped, "Why?— What wrong?—  are you okay?"

"I'm fine, Alex, but I'm kinda tired—but you can stay if you want."

"Sketch," he groans, "enough with that faffin'. If you need to go home, I'll go with you."

We bid our thank you's to the host, and left. I slopes out of my best shirt and threw on my dragon onesie— my Christmas gift from Alex. I found him on the couch, watching the ball drop. I hear the the countdown in the other apartment.

I hear Alex silently joining, "10...9...8...7...6–"

I jump onto the couch with him, "5...4...3...2...1! Happy New Year!" We cheer.

I quickly kiss Alex on the cheek— oh my word. I kissed Alex on the cheek. I look at him in embarrassment. Only to see him dumbfounded, blushing a crimson red, and frozen like a deer at headlights. I awkwardly get up and go to bed.

Oh god, I probably ruined our relationship forever.

(HAPPY NEW YEAR!)