Christmas Day Continued

By noon, Alex and Ethan has prepared a feast: chocolate pudding; apple pie, smoked ham; roasted, mashed, and baked potatoes; cranberry sauce; green beans; bread rolls; and a fruit salad. I tried to steal some bread, but Ethan slapped my hand. Amie settled the table.

I heard a knock at the door. That's odd. I thought, we weren't expecting visitors.

"Sketch, can you get the door." Alex called out.

"Yeah." I opened the door and was greeted by a man and a woman, both about in their 50s. They looked at me in shock.

"Darling," the woman said to the man, her British accent was very thick,"This is the right apartment, right?"

"Yes, floor 12 room number 102." The man nodded his head.

I felt awkward just standing there. Like I wasn't in the room, "Can I help you?" I interrupt.

"Yes, does a Alex Orman live around here?" The woman did a beautiful, big cheshire smile.

"Uh, Yes." I close the door for a second, "give me a moment." I walk to the kitchen and grabbed Alex's arm.

"Sketch, What are you doing?" I continue to drag him all the way to the door. I open it. Alex's eyes widen as soon as he sees the man and woman. The female hugged Alex tightly while the man stood at the door arms crossed. Finally when Alex could breathe, he said, "Mum, dad. What are you doing here?"

ΩΞΩΞΩΞΩΞΩΞΩΞΩΞΩΞΩΞΩΞΩΞ

"What are you doing here?" Alex says.

"Is it a crime to visit a mother's child?" Alex's mom frowns. She glances at me, "you didn't tell me you lived with such fit blokes (attractive men)."

"Mum!" "Erin." Alex And his dad exclaim.

"I'm just teasing." Erin walks in. Alex sighs, glares at Mr. Orman, then rushes in to stop Mrs. Orman. I shuffle out of his way. I turn to Mr. Orman.

"Sooooo, I'm Elijah Best." I stick out my hand.

"Max Orman." He shakes my hand.

"So, What brings you here? Alex told me that—"

"Don't listen to my son. He doesn't know what he's talking about. Now are you a roommate? A friend visiting?"

"Both." I reply. We walk in.

ΩΞΩΞΩΞΩΞΩΞΩΞΩΞΩΞΩΞΩΞΩΞ

Before long, my parents came in. Surprise, suprise. We had a nice time. Ate dinner, had some laughs, and introduced Alex to my parents. Overall, a fun experience. After my parents, Ethan, and Amie left, Alex's parents stayed the night. Things were still tense between Alex and Max. Mostly because of Pierce's incident... but they'll get along soon. During their visit, Mrs. Orman peppered me with questions.

"So, Elijah, how did you met my darling blighter (boy)?" Erin Orman asked.

"We were in college together for a bit. I walked into him, and we had a chat."

"Lovely. So that nosh (food) was brilliant (wonderful), did you make it yourself? We love blokes (men) that can cook." She gave me that Cheshire smile again.

"Uh, no. Alex and my brother made... nosh."

"You mean that dishy (attractive) bloke with the nice hair? Let him know that I think it was blinding (excellent)."

"I will." I get out my phone to text Ethan. While I'm doing that, I answer her questions. Then we got to one question.

"So do you fancy (like) my son?"

"Yeah, he's nice." I smile dreamily, "he's a sweetheart."

"Well, Alex is always having a butcher (look) at you every now and then." She continued, "He's always talking about you too."

"Really?" My heart flutters and stops for a second.

"Yes."

"Bloody Hell (damn it)!" I hear someone shout from the kitchen, "Alexander Leon Kenneth Orman! Get in here!"

Alex rushes to the kitchen, "What!" I can hear the sarcasm in his voice.

"Stop standing there and get band-Aids!"

So all the yelling stopped, and Alex sat down by his mom.

"How's my baby sis doing, Mum?"

"Lizy, is doing wonderful. She's getting a business degree in college right now."

"Fantastic." He looked over to me, "so what were you two talking about?"

"About how you fancy Elijah." Erin grinned.

"Whaaaa— no I don't!" Alex stratched the back of his head, "I-I never said that."

"Sure, darling." Mrs. Orman winks at me. "He totally likes you, darling."

Alex turn his head away from me. I hid my face with my hand, in attempt to hide my blush. Family dinners, am I right?

(That was long)