Drinks on Me

It's two weeks until the New Year. Alex was packing up to go to work. He's an editor for Youtubers. I soon get a text from my friend Sub.

Sub: Want to hang out?

Elijah: Sure. Where?

Sub: I'll pick you up near the post office on Williams Road.

Elijah: Sure, thing!

I grab my sweater and scarf.

"Where you going?" Alex asks me.

"Going to see a friend. Can you drop me off at Williams Road?" I look at him.

"Well, I was going to walk--" I give him puppy eyes, "Fine, I'll drive. Williams Road is quite far."

I smile, "Thanks, pal."

"Just promise me not to spend to much money." 

"Ok." I rolled my eyes.

"And no drinking."

"Ok, mom. No cocaine either? I was hoping to smoke some weed."

He glared at me, then I remembered the drunk driver.

"Sorry, I shouldn't be joking about that."

He sighed, "All's good. Now, grab a coat."

I stood in the cold wind waiting for Sub. Finally, he showed up.

"Sketch, how are you? How's Dingo?"

I forgot to tell him, "We broke up."

Sub looked at me sympathetically, "How about I get you a beer, and we can talk about it?"

This is why he's my friend. At the bar, I told Sub about what happened.

"Why didn't you tell me? Do you need a place to stay?"

"I good, Sub. I'm staying at my old friend Alex's place."

"Ok, good."

After about 3- 4 beers, I lost count, Alex walked in with some men and a woman. He noticed me immediately, and  gaped. I totally forgot about the promise, but what is he doing here? He's the one that shouldn't be in the bar. Nevertheless, he glared at me the entire time. When he was getting up to leave, I followed him. He was my only method of transportation, and I bet he wouldn't pick me up later if I didn't follow him.

"Bye, Sub. It was nice seeing you." I waved.

He waved back.

"Alex, get back here!" I pushed through people.

He turned, his eyes twitching, "Why? Why did you break it?"

I felt my blood boiling, "I wasn't paying for it! And I'm not drunk!"

"Yes, but you had alcohol." He folded his arms.

"What about you? You were in there." I bluntly said, "You had a drink or two, didn't you?"

"Did you see me with a drink?" He yelled, "I was discussing about editing the video while snacking on pretzels and drinking black tea! I didn't drink!"

People moved around us, staring weirdly at our conversation. I felt my eyes burn and water at the same time. I never wanted this to happen, not with Alex. 

"Have fun walking home, Elijah." He scoffed my name, and left. Leaving me in the cold. He's never going to forgive me, isn't he.

(I just love the song Gasoline, so bam!)