Chapter One

*Hint: There's a music video on top of the second page y'all!

I slowly walked home exhausted. I looked up on the tall mansion that I have been calling as "home" for over twenty-five years. But tomorrow, the new owner will be moving in this house, and tonight will be my last chance to say goodbye to it.

I hope this new owner will be nice to this house since it carries the best memories of my entire life— my birthday parties, my mother, the day I got married.... so much good times...

As I am walking closer to the front door, woman's sharp voice is blowing into my ear.

It's my stepmom.

She has been like that since two days ago.

No one could stop her from screaming even her son couldn't.

I opened the heavy wooden door, and she immediately noticed that I am back.

" Where did you go? I have called you for billion times already. I was going to look for you, you know? You little bitch!" She is glaring at me as I am taking off my shoes.

I was too tired to answer her questions or even to argue with her.

What an ugly and sick face—heavy makeup, angry red face.

She didn't hear my answer, then she roars at me as loud as possible: "Esther Han! Your father is now in jail. I hope you realize that Jeremy is your father's favorite, so you better find a way to keep this house and get the money for your brother's tuition fee! Today is the last day already! Can't you do anything to help your father to keep the last asset of his? No wonder why Cosmo got a divorce with you. Look at you right now! You look like a homeless bitch!"

She is right. I do believe that I look like a homeless bitch right now. But, she does too. She only focus on screaming around instead of try to do something to save here and her son's college tuition fee.

I didn't say anything to her, so I just walked pass her to the kitchen.

I need some food for my child, but the problem is that we usually have housemaids at home to take care of meals, so I never had the chance to learn how to cook. I regretted it now there's only raw food left in the refrigerator. Cosmo was right about the fact that I'm an useless person.

I closed the refrigerator and decided to call delivery from the fast food restaurant.

While I am waiting for the food to be delivered, Mrs. Han decided to sit next to me by the dinning table and staring at me says, "Esther, please, talk to me. I know you never liked me, but we have lived together for more then ten years... did I ever hurt you? You know your cousin, my nephew, Lucas, likes you a lot, and I know you guys are friends, but...  Maybe if you decide to get marry with him, we will have a better reason to beg him to save us... if you follow what I say, then the result will be beneficial for all of us even yourself ". What a two-faced woman! How is she able to change her temper and attitude so fast? That women is a crazy gold digger only wanting more money!

Fury flames in me, I moved my eyes from the floor and glaring into her face. What a greedy face, so fake and ill-looking.

After my mother passed away, my father immediately married to her. That slut would not stop insulting my mother in front of me and even dare do so in front of my father. Guess my father didn't care enough about her to intervene.

And now, she makes herself looks like she is the victim, if we move out of the house tonight, then I have to take all the blame.

Marrying her nephew... What is she talking about? She is such a devil that she is willing to steal money from her half-sister's son...I know Lucas since junior high. He is my best friend, and he is an amazing guy, but I don't want him to be an AMT for his most ridiculous aunt, and plus I am pregnant with Cosmo's child... it wouldn't be fair to Lucas.

She has figured that I am not going to accept her nonsense offer. "Or... go see Cosmo tomorrow, you guys were married for three years. He might still have feelings about you".

I really don't want to talk to her.

But she is right again, maybe I should go see Cosmo for the last time.

I didn't have chance to say goodbye to him.

He was my husband, my first and only lover, and my child's father...

*************************************
Helloooooo GUYS!
I am so excited to see Cosmo tomorrow! I hope you guys like this story!