Chapter Four

Cosmo's POV

Today, it's the third day after our divorce. She... Shit. Why do I keep on thinking about her! I dont know what the hell wrong with me. Everything. Everything seems so fucking wrong...without her. Her smiley face, sad face, quiet face, and her fascinated face under me, cannot get out of my mind.

"Stop lying to yourself! She is the innocent one. She shouldn't have been involved in your revenge you made for her father. Hey, Cosmo, I know you love her..." Mason told me that she is innocent, but is she really? 

"Fuck!" I throw the coffee mug on the floor. I don't love her! She is just a tool, a tool for my revenge, and she is not innocent. All she could blame at is the fact that she is Martin Han's daughter.  She is nothing, nothing compare to your parents' death and what you have suffered. A loud voice is inside my head and shouting at my stupid self. 

"Um, ex...excuse me, Mis..mister... Cha...n, um, there's a lady who named Esther Han would like to see you for something urgent". Secretary's murmurous voice interpreted my anger, "I did knock the door..."

Esther Han. 

She came, eventually. I have predicted that  she might come since today is her deadline of moving out of there, thus her stepmother will force her to come and see me. 

All the sudden, my anger is gone. 

"Esther Han? Don't you know that she is one of my good friends? Tell them to let her in. Also, I would like to see a clean office when I come back." After I announced my command to my secretary, I better go prepare my gift for her, for my dear ex-wife.

I bet she will love my gift. Because it is our divorce certificates.

I can't wait to see her facial expression when she sees the gift.

As I walk back to my office from my resting room with the divorce certificates, her slim figure has appeared in front of me. She is skinnier, and the wind can definitely blow her away. Did she eat breakfast even? 

I suddenly have the urge to encircle her from the back with my arm.

"How are you doing today? Ms. Han--my dear ex-wife?" As I restrain myself, I broke the silence first.

She then turned back and look at me with slight, I think, excitement in her eyes. I guess she was glad to see me. Knowing this fact, I started to feel a light excitment inside me as well.

She put a bit makeup today, yet it cannot covered  her heavy eye bags. She lost the vitality that she used to have. 

Something inside my chest throbbed faintly.

But I decided to ignore the feeling because I shouldn't feel that way. 

"I am glad that you came, I just received our divorce certificate". 

"Hi, I...I want to...tell you something." She is nervous. Her nervousness makes me want to laugh. What is she nervous about?

"What? You have any questions?" I raised my eyebrows and wait for what she is going to tell me, "Do you need anything to drink? Let's sit down and talk". 

"Uh, I don't need anything and I will be quick, so can you help me for the last time--my house..." She talks briskly mixed with nervousness.

I know what she wants, but I also have requirement for her in order to help satisfy her needs, "Ok! If you want to talk about money, then the door is behind you. I am not going to help Martin Han's daughter", I paused and smirk at her, "...Or, there's one last way for you, just for you, sleep with me for one more night, and I will consider to help you". It's fun to ask her that, but I did ask her what I want. It's a fair trade. Just one last night, and I will get her out of my mind forever. 

I almost laugh out loud when I see her facial expression went from shocked to anger.

I stood up from my chair and walk to her, bending my head and pressing my lips close to her ear, whispering, "Hey, this is a good deal. I know your brother needs money for college, and you don't have any income, so better give me a quick answer". The pleasant smell of her hair is lingering on tip of my nose. I can't wait to hear her answer.

When I heard she said no to me, I was surprised and the anger immediately started to spread in my head, "Wow, nice try then. Do you still think that there will be bunch of men chase after you while all those shit happened? Let me tell you, you are now just a trash and soon will become homeless. An abandoned woman, an outcast. Hahahahah! You can leave now. " I am so piss off at her now. She should be grateful of what I have offered her. Who else can help her except me? 

She then stared at me with her angry but fascinating, amber eyes, "Thanks for your offer, Mr. Chan, and hopefully you have a great day!" 

I don't know how to deal with her anymore. It is more frustrating and embarrassing than I lost millions on my business when the rejection came out of her month, and she can pretend nothing just happened.

When she just about to close the door, I just realize that I haven't gave her the divorce certificates, "You forgot the divorce certificate!" I throw the document to her. I really don't want to see her again. 

After she is gone, I just sit on the chair frustratedly. 

Three days ago, after I lived under a mask for three years, I decided to pull out our divorce agreement to destroy her even more just after she had hard hit and became impoverished.

I am not guilty with what I have done.

Destroy Martin Han's family is my final purpose, and for that being say, my revenge also included his daughter. Because Martin Han this son of bitch, my parents died with everlasting regret.

Because of him, I suffered from PTSD since I was five. Until my grandmother found me in a remote place, my condition had little improvement.  Since my parents' death, my grandmother had to reserved the tremendous family firm and raised me in such advanced age. When my grandmother was passing away, I promised her that I will revenge for my parents and what I have experienced as a young child. 

When Esther saw the paper, I remember, she was very confusing with what she sees at first until I revealed my true purpose of marrying her, which is to revenge. She did not cry and signed the paper peacefully. Her expression had exceeded my expectation just like today when she rejected my offer.  I have to admit that she is very different from many of the rich girls in this society, but it doesn't matter anymore.

What an indomitable spirit you have, Esther Han, but you are still too weak to play with me. 

Good luck, Esther Han.