Chapter Two

*Hint: music video on top of the second page! Wohoo!

As the first hint of the sunshine flow through the window, I know, it's time to wake up.

They are going to moving at 5 o'clock in the afternoon, and we still have the last nine hours in here, so before that, I have to go meet him for the last chance.

I brushed my teeth and washed my face. Looking at the mirror— who is this person? Is she me? So pale, and the heavy eye bags made me look like a creepy ghost from those horror movies. I better apply some makeup on my face, otherwise I will scare crap out of people.

Then, what should I wear? Fancy? Normal? Simple? He likes me to be simple....

After ten minutes of struggling, I have decided just put some random T-shirt and jeans.

" Ok, Esther, you look fine. Let's do this!" I looked at myself in the mirror and take a deep breath then out.

I gave myself a confidant smile.

I took taxi and finally arrived at the tallest building in downtown Guang Zhou. Even though I already knew he is the richest man in the country, but I am still shocking by this most glorious building. Actually, I am kind of proud that my ex-husband that he is so rich although he doesn't belong to me anymore.

I then took a deep breath and out. Waking confidently to the front desk, "Hi, May I see Cosmo Chan, please?"

The receptionist looks into my eyes and wears a polite smile, " Miss, are you talking about our CEO, Mr. Chan? If you are, then you have to have an appointment with him in order to see him. I am sorry."

What? Oh no, appointment...

"Can you please call him and tell him that Esther Han needs to see him. It's a very urgent meeting." Of course, I am not going to leave like that. I need to meet him. I miss him...

"Ok, I will try", she then pick the telephone and call... "Mr. Chan is available to meet her? Oh ok, thanks", she hanged out the phone and smile to me again, "You can go now, Ms. Han, sorry that I didn't know you are one of Mr. Chan's good friend".

I nodded my head with a forced smile to her... and what? A friend, a good friend? I was his wife just three days ago! He was serious then, about me not deserved to be his wife.

The receptionist led me to his office.

No one is here. Despite the resplendent, enormous lobby, his office is moderate size and very simple that you can only see two colors— white and black. Well organized book shelves are all around the room. The sun lights pour into his office through the giant windows behind the office desk. The whole city can be overlooked from the windows. The air smells just like him, the one that I will never forget—light tobacco mixed with ambergris. I promise, it is the sexiest smell. I took a deep breath wanting to breathing all the smell of his into my lung and my mind.

"How are you doing today? Ms. Han— my dear ex-wife?" A deep, raspy voice came into my ears— he is here.

I turned back, I heard my heart started to pound faster... oh gosh, he can still conquered my heart. I am so ashamed of myself. But he is too sexy—taller than six feet. Apathetic but chiseled features of his exude fatal attraction. The grey suit fits well with his broad shoulders and muscular body shape.

His hazel eyes starting into mine with a authoritative look on his face, " I am glad that you came, I just received our divorce certificate". He then walk passed me to his desk.

Divorce Certificate? So fast!

I suddenly feel so nervous to talk to him: " Hi, I... I want to... tell you something." I ran out the words. I don't know what should I tell him. Perhaps my pregnancy. He has the right to know, but he seems so familiar to me but strange at the meantime. This is very awkward.

"What? You have any questions?" He raised his eyebrows with confusion, " Do you need anything to drink? Let's sit down and talk."

I gave myself one second to recollect my confidence, "Uh, I don't need anything and I will be quick, so can you help me for the last time— my house..."

"Ok! If you want to talk about money, then the door is behind you. I am not going to help Martin Han's daughter", he interrupted me impatiently, then he had a short pause and immediately raised a smirk on his face, "...Or, there's one last way for you, just for you, sleep with me for one more night, and I will consider to help you."

I thought my ears had some problem, but his smirk was way too obvious— sleep with him?

I felt like someone just slapped my face hard, and I can even feel the burning pain. I can hear my heart is slowing down and about to break into pieces. I should know, I should know what kind of person is him, truly. This is worse than any harsh words.

I am not a prostitute.

I have quickly decided to not tell him that I am pregnant because my gut tells me that he might force me to do abortion since he is such a heartless asshole.

As he was waiting for my answer, he stood up from his chair and walked to me, bending his head and pressing his lips close to my left ear, whispering, "Hey, it's a good deal. I know your brother needs money for college, and you don't have any income, so better give me a quick answer." I am deeply covered by his strong masculinity, and it makes me dizzy.

I angrily turned my head away and staring at the window blankly, "You were my husband and the only lover of mine, but it doesn't mean that I will be stupid again to act like nothing happened and sleep with you shamelessly for one more time! So, stop it!"

"Wow, nice try then. Do you still think that there will be bunch of men chase after you while all those shit happened? Let me tell you, you are now just a trash and soon will become homeless. An abandoned woman, an outcast. Hahahahah! You can leave now! The door is behind you." He enhanced his voice as he sounded like if he is miffed.

I looked into his eyes for one last time, clenching my jaw, "Thanks for your offer, Mr. Chan, and hopefully you have a great day!"

I immediately walked out the door without looking back at him, and as I was going to close the door for him, I heard he said, " You forgot the divorce certificate!"

Some paper documents have knocked into my face.

I took them and closed the door gently as my heart will never beat for him again.

************************************
HELLO YALL!
Did he make a good first impression?
I got some pictures of what his face might be—

************************************HELLO YALL! Did he make a good first impression? I got some pictures of what his face might be—

And for our little Esther—