Chapter Three

*Hint: there's a music video on top of the second page. Thanks! Hopefully you are enjoying it!

After I escaped from this holy place that doesn't belong to me, I numbly walked to a bus stop.

This is my second time ever taking a public bus.

The first time was with Cosmo in three years ago. A lot of my first times were belonged to him.

Our first met was in three years ago, and I just graduated from college. It was in a dark night while I was going to attend, my ex-best friend, Ava's birthday party...

I was satisfied with my outfit that I am wearing for Ava's birthday. "Now, it's time to attend her birthday party!" I glanced over the window and noticed that the sky is getting darker, it's almost time.

I drove my car followed by GPS to a quiet corner of this city. It's a small restaurant that isn't very fancy, but I remember Ava has always been talking about how delicious is the food here.

Since the parking lot of the restaurant does not have any spot left, I had to park my car bit distance from the destination.

I hanged my purse on my arm and locked the car door.

I chose to walk in a shortcut, but I didn't know it was a quiet, dark alley.

It's so dark, gosh, it's kind of scary. I shouldn't go this way... but fine, I will be fine. I was comforting myself while my goosebumps were appearing on my skin. I then hold my purse tight, and I was ready for a short run.

As I was speed-walking, someone suddenly pushed me to the ground from my back and took my purse! I was screaming as loud as possible from in and out, "Help! Help! He is robbed my bag!"

Like all the classic scenes from the romance novels or movies, a superhero would always emerged from nowhere to saved you in the critical moment.

Cosmo was the one, my superhero and my god.

After that incident, we had a small talk, and I noticed that he was easy in conversation and graceful in manner, so I asked for his number.

We texted each other almost everyday.

Later, he told me that he was actually one of the waiter from the restaurant that held Ava's birthday party, and he always take the shortcut. Consequently, he saw what happened and saved me.

From what I know three years ago, according to his lie, he was raised in a poor family. His parents passed away when he was five years old due to a car accident, and his grandmother raised him up. He couldn't go to college even though he was accepted to the best university in the country, he didn't have money to go, and in the meantime, he needs money for his grandma's high amount of medical expenses. Unfortunately, he couldn't save his grandma from death...

My transportation is here. I found a seat, and I shake my head and tried to come back to the reality.

Looking blankly at the streets through the window, despite my anguished feeling at this moment, the cheerful music is everywhere in the city.

Maybe the sky wants to cover my sadness, thousands of rain drops are blooming in the glassy window with suddenness.

I eventually started to cry like a child. Don't need to worry about embarrassment because who will care for me, in this cold busy city fulfilled with indifference.

I was so stupid. I didn't even have second doubt of any of his words three years ago, and the most ridiculously, we were married.

Because of our marriage, I broke up with Ava. Ava had a secret crush on Cosmo for a long time, therefore, her favorite place was the restaurant that Cosmo used to work for. When she found out that we were married, she was pissed off on me. However, I only felt little sorry for her, but I didn't know she liked him until she told me after our marriage, so I couldn't really blamed at myself.

Probably because I was not that sorry to Ava, the consequence was that I married with a liar.

It's the terminus. As I walked out the bus, the raindrops quickly mixed with my tears. I can no longer distinguish between the raindrops and the tears...