Good terms

Hi.

Millie's pov

I woke up to feel an empty space next to me.

I opened my eyes and saw that nobody was there. Finn spent the night last night, right? Was I dreaming?

It's Saturday, I have nothing to do today. Not planning on doing anything either.

I look to Maddie's bed, and she's awake, on her phone. She looked over to me and smiled.

"I noticed we had a visitor last night," She said, and I rolled my eyes. It wasn't a dream.

I sat up, facing her.

"There was a storm last night. I don't like storms." I said, even though she already knew that.

"Y'all were so cute, cuddling." She said, and I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever." I said, and she snickered.

-

Maddie went out with Wyatt to lunch, and I'm still isolated in my dorm room, haven't come out.

We are out of water, so I could probably get some water from the vending machine.

I walk out and get about ten or so water bottles, and try and hold as many as possible, pressing them against my chest.

I walk back to our dorm room and realize the key is in my pocket of my pajama pants, which is gonna be a struggle to get, because all the bottles of water are pressed against my chest.

I groaned, and tried anyway.

After a couple seconds of trying and groaning, I heard the door across from us open.

It was Finn. He probably looked to see who was groaning, and it was me. He looked me up and down and had an amused smile on his face.

I was wearing a grey oversized hoodie with baggy checkered pajama pants, with my hair in a very high messy bun, and my glasses were on.

"Having trouble?" He asked, eyeing me again.

"Yes, actually." I said, and he laughed.

"Could you hold these?" I asked, and he nodded and I got closer to him to hand all of them to him, but I didn't wanna get like inches away from his chest, so I did the best I could. We ended up dropping a couple.

"Why do you need this many waters? Are you hibernating?" He asked, and laughed.

"We are out of water, might as well get a lot." I said, grabbing the key and opening our door. Finn walked in with the waters, and I picked the ones we dropped up from the floor, and brought them inside. He set them on the counter, and faced me.

"Thank you a lot, couldn't have done it without you." I said, and he laughed and gave me a cute smile. I looked down and caught a glimpse of his left hand, which was shaking.

"That's new." I said, and he followed my gaze to his hand, and he lifted it up.

"It shakes a lot, mostly anxiety." He said, and a look of guilt fills my eyes. He catches it.

"It's not your fault. I promise. It used to be like that before you moved to Canada." He said, basically reading my mind.

"But it didn't shake when I was there." I said, and he nodded.

"It'll go away, I don't even notice it half the time." He said, and I nodded.

"Well, I'm gonna go," Finn said, breaking the silence filling the room, making me snap back into reality.

"Oh, okay, yeah. Thank you for helping me." I said, and he nodded.

"Also, I never got to tell you but I like what you did with your hair." Finn said, and I smiled.

He smiled and opened the door, gently closing it behind him.

I exhaled a huge breath I didn't know I was holding and fell back on my bed, staring at the ceiling.

-

Finns pov

I got ready, going to meet Kate for a late lunch. She said she needed to tell me something. My hands are shaking a lot, it's making me nervous.

I walk out and go to the little cafe we are meeting at for lunch.

I see that she's not there yet, so I sit down and take a huge breath. My hands are on the table, laced in front of me. They are shaking, but not so bad that you could physically see it from a distance.

I didn't notice Kate was in the cafe until she sat down across from me.

"Hey Kate." I said, and she replied back, with a smile, then it went away, and looked at my hands. She took them and held both of them, her small hands in mine.

"Is something wrong?" I asked her.

"Why didn't you tell me?" She asked, and I furrowed my eyebrows. The only thing I could think about was that I fucking made out with Millie. I think I would die if she ever found out about that.

"Didn't tell you what?" I asked, my heart racing.

"That Millie goes here." Kate said, as a breath of relief took over me about the making out thing.

"I-How do you know?" I asked.

"I saw her last night, she was playing pool with another girl. I'm assuming that's Maddie based on what you told me?" She asked. I hesitantly nodded.

"Why didn't you tell me that she goes here?" Kate asked.

"I didn't want to worry you in any way." I said, and she looked up to my eyes.

"Why would it worry me? It makes me happy. She is so sweet, and you deserve someone like that." She said, and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"But I'm with you." I said, and she looked at me.

"You and Millie have chemistry. And a past. You couldn't even kiss me because you thought you were hurting her by doing it. Now you're telling me that you don't want her back?" She asked, and I looked down, not meeting her eyes.

"Hey, look at me," I heard her say softly, gently squeezing my hands for a second. I looked up at her, and I think my eyes were a little glossy.

"Why are you crying? You're going to make me cry," She said, and we both laughed a little.

"I'm sorry." I said, and she smiled.

"It's okay. Honestly. If she was a stuck up jerk, then I would have a problem with it." She said, which made me smile.

"So we're cool?" I asked, and she smiled.

"The coolest." She said, and we both laughed, and I hugged her.

"Thank you, Kate." I said, and she smiled and nodded.

"If you ever need something, just call me. Or text me." She said, and I nodded, when she walked out of the cafe.

Well, I guess Kate and I are over. But over on good terms.

What do I do about Millie now?

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

If y'all were confused about Millie's hair it's when she dyed it dark again lol.

Also, it's thanksgiving break in 2 days so expect some updates :)))))