2

I was awoken by the click of the lock.

My eyes fluttered open as I took in my surroundings. I was back in my cell, lying on the bed on my side. Same white walls stared at me through the darkness.

I attempted to move my hands, but they were tied behind my back. Smart of them.

Two guards entered my cell. I didn't know any of them.

"To your feet!" one of them ordered, and without waiting, roughly grabbed my arm and pulled me off the bed.

"Watch it, jerk," I said. That earned me a rough push towards the door, where another guard grabbed hold of my arm.

They led me outside, where every prisoner was hauled out of their cell. I noticed that most weren't handcuffed, and there was a guard for every second patient.

In front of us was Michael, whose position was not different from mine. His hands were tied behind his back, as well, although he looked like he could kill everyone in the hallway nonetheless.

I let the guards push me around in silence, following the endless flow of prisoners until we reached the cafeteria.

I was pulled to the same table as Michael, where they cuffed me carefully to it and sat Michael opposite of me. A nurse put food onto our plates, and was gone.

Patients were screaming and yelling everywhere while I stared at Michael. He finally looked up at me, a disapproving glint in his eyes.

"Well, Michael, nobody forced you to follow along, so don't blame me!" I replied to his gaze.

"Well, I thought we would escape, too!" I said. Then, I sighed.

"You're right. I didn't know the layout of the place, or how good the security was. I should've waited."

Michael nodded.

"You still want to kill me, don't you?"

Another nod. I smiled.

"Am I annoying you?"

He slammed his fist into the table, a murdeous look entering his eyes. I didn't flinch.

"Got it. Enjoy your meal."

Michael lifted his mask just enough to put food in his mouth. He got annoyed when i kept staring, so I looked away. He was a strange one. He intrigued me. I couldn't help but wonder why he didn't talk. He seemed intelligent, and possibly as crazy as I was. I was sure we could have some interesting conversations before he killed me.

"Michael, I like your new mask," I said after we were both done with our food. His mask was now dark green.

He didn't acknowledge me.

"Do they let us go outside?" I asked. He didn't acknowledge me.

"Fine, I'll talk to someone else," I said in annoyance. I turned my body behind me, towards a man of around twenty.

"Hey, dude! What's your name?" I asked carefully. I wanted to nudge him, but I was chained up. Actually, only Michael and I were chained up.

The guy turned around, his face seeming rather blank.

"The treasure will come to you, not the other way around," he said, not looking at me but rather through me. My smile faltered. I simply turned back to Michael, who was looking at me and he appeared smug when he saw my disappointment.

"Very funny, Michael. The only person with a bit of sanity left here is the one that doesn't talk and wouldn't hesitate to snap my neck."

The guarda approached us a few seconds later, and we were led out of the cafeteria.

"It's not fair to return us to the cells before everyone else," I complained. The guard squeezed my arm tighter, pushing me after Michael.

"You're seeing Loomis," was the reply I got. I grinned.

"Wonderful!" I said sarcastically, earning another hard squeeze.

Michael was pushed through Loomis' door first, and I was confused when they ushered me in, too. They sat me down next to Michael and handcuffed us both to the table. Michael was close enough that I could touch him if I reached out with my elbow, which was concerning.

Loomis waved the guards to leave the room, and only one remained.

"Couple's therapy already, Loomis?" I joked. Michael didn't like my joke, as evident by the murderous look he sent me. I just grinned.

"Why did you attack the guards? If I am correct, you, miss Frost, are the one who started it," Loomis asked.

"Of course. The guard hit me. Michael can confirm," I said casually. Loomis looked at Michael, and then nodded at me.

"So you attacked them. Those two guards are in the hospital, fighting for their lives. Michael's guards weren't as lucky. Siona, I'm not sure you realise that by doing what you did, you could've killed yourself and the whole hospital by unleashing it," Loomis said. I raised my eyebrows.

"It?" I questioned. Loomis nodded at Michael.

"Michael," he corrected himself. I sneered.

"You call yourself a psychiatrist? Anyhow, I'm alive, aren't I?" Loomis sighed.

"Loomis, how about this. I promise to behave and not attack anyone. But... I want freedom. I want to walk around. I want books. And Michael wants freedom, too," I negotiated, leaning onto the table. Loomis shook his head.

"I can't let you walk around," he said.

"Handcuff me, make a guard follow me! Hell, drug me!" I said.

"I can give you some freedom. But Michael... it's too late for him."

Michael clinched his fists.

"Well, then let me visit him." I offered. Michael slammed his fist onto the closest thing he could reach, which was the chair. Loomis flinched.

"Okay. I won't be held responsible if you are killed. There's a library in this building, and you have a right of four hours outside of your cell, not including mandatory activities."

"What else?" Loomis sighed.

"You may visit Michael as long as you're accompanied inside by a guard."

Michael was mad at me. He wouldn't face me when as we were led back to our cells.

"I won't bother you. I'm not as entertained by your company as you think." I said in annoyance as the guards hauled us through the hallway. Michael clinched his fists tighter.

"Trouble in paradise?" A guard teased.

"More like trouble in hell!" Another replied, and they all laughed.

"We will make it hell for them. Sick bastards."

Both Michael at me bristled with anger.

"You heard Loomis. I want you to take me to the library," I ordered. The guard laughed, and the others joined him.

"Dream on, kid."

They locked me in my cell, where I raged and nearly broke the bed frame.

"Pieces of shit!" I yelled loudly. I swore at them some more, when suddenly, someone banged on the wall to my right. Michael's cell.

"Fuck off!" I yelled at him, and he banged again.

"I won't shut up!" I yelled, and sighed.

I sweetly approached the door to my cell. The guard was still far away. He was the only one patroling the hallway.

Michael probably knew the way they patrolled. That would come in useful, if he wished to cooperate.

I had a plan.