4

During the whole week leading up to October 30th, I was on my best behaviour. I didn't talk back to the guards as much, and consequently, they were gentler towards me - not to say they were gentle in the least.

"What brings you to my majestic domain?" I asked casually as I flipped through the book. I was talking to whoever opened my cell door.

I got no reply.

I sighed as I turned around, about to tease the guard. But my mouth was left hanging open when my eyes met Michael, stainding under the doorframe casually, completely free.

I shot up to my feet.

"Damn! I didn't expect that! Shit, Mikey, I wasn't ready!" I said as I followed him outside.

There were two dead guards on the floor, and Michael casually stepped over them while I admired his handiwork.

"I never asked you where you'd go after this. I kinda need a place to crash, so I'll stick with you. Won't bother you, just temporarily," I told him, choosing my words carefully to avoid pissing him off. He just nodded slightly, and unlocked the cell on the other side of his, just as we'd planned. We would create chaos and escape through it.

By the time the other guards were alerted of what was going on, Michael had already let out over thirty prisoners, and the two of us were making our way towards the exit. Michael was killing everyone in his way, while I followed obediently.

"Where are we off to? Haddonfield?" Another nod after he snapped a guard's neck. The sight didn't bother me, but I didn't share his urge to murder everyone, either.

I spotted the abuser guard tasing prisoners on the left.

I took hold of Michael's arm to stop him. He flinched at the touch and pulled his arm away, but I was too focused to notice.

"I'll be right back. Will you wait for me?" He nodded.

I made my way towards the guard, but instead of waiting, Michael followed me like a shadow.

The guard spotted me instantly after he finished cuffing another patient. His eyes bulged out of his head and his jaw slacked open, revealing a row of crooked yellow teeth.

"Do you remember, dipshit? I told you you'd be sorry," I said venomously, before throwing a punch aimed at his neck. He blocked it with his arms, but he failed to stop a kick to the groin. As he grunted and doubled over, I kicked him in the throat as I hard as I could. He fell to the ground, and I watched him choke.

His death was painful, and he clawed at hus throat in desperation, to no avail.

He stopped struggling. He was dead.

When I turned around, I nearly bumped into Michael.

"You scared the crap out of me! Let's go before backup arrives," I said. Michael threw another look at the guard.

"Death turns you on, huh?" I teased him as we made our way towards the exit. Michael shot me a death glare, to which I just grinned.

"Nothing to be ashamed of! Me too, actually!" I joked. He refused to even look at me, and I could imagine him cursing himselg for not killing me earlier.

As we entered the parking lot with the crowd of others, we stopped in our tracks.

There was about five large police cars arriving, some policemen already getting out with guns in hands.

"Shit, Michael, we gotta hide!" I yelled over the commotion as I darted to the left, only to notice that Michael wasn't following.

"Michael!" I called him over impatiently from behind a stinky trashcan I used as a cover. Michael was standing still.

"Are you deaf now?" I hissed. He clenched his fists, and I realised something was wrong.

I dared peer out from my cover to see that policemen were rounding everyone up - including Michael.

I watched in disbelief as they cuffed him. He didn't look at me, and I seemed to be safe behind my trashcan.

After half an hour of yelling, sirens, and general chaos, they seemed to have everything under control.

Everyone except Michael had been brought inside. My back was sore from the uncomfortable position I was in.

"Fifteen dead guards, fourty-six prisoners rounded up, three prisoners dead and one still missing. High Priority," a woman's voice sounded. I had a very limited view from where I was standing - I could see Michael and the entrance.

"I came as soon as I heard!" I heard the familiar voice of Loomis say. Michsel tensed.

"Siona Frost is missing, it says she's high priority," the same woman's voice said.

"Damn it!" He said, and approached Michael, who seemed indifferent.

"Michael, where is the girl?" He asked. Michael remained standing still. I knew he wouldn't betray my location.

Loomis sighed and went back out of sight.

"Search the building," Loomis ordered. A few policement appeared and each took one of Michael's arms.

As he was being led inside, he looked at me. I expected him to be angry, betrayed - but his eyes had a promise. He'd escape.

As soon as Michael was led away, I sneaked to Loomis's car. He was in a hurry, and he left the keys inside.

I had driven a car only once before, and I barely grasped the basics.

I was already exiting the area when police sirens turned on behind me.

***

I went to Haddonfield. I didn't have a home anywhere, so it seemed like a reasonable place to start.

I parked the car in a dark street and went out, looking for houses with open windows. What Loomis didn't know was how much money I made with stealing by breaking into homes. The first thing I needed were clothes.

I couldn't exactly go around with "Smith's Grove Sanotorium" written on my back.

I peered through the window of a two-storey house. There was a flashing light from the living room - TV. The kitchen window was open, so I carefully let myself in.

The kitchen was directly connected to the living room. The TV was loud, and a teenage girl was the one watching it.

I carefully climbed upstairs and grabbed some t-shirts and pants. I also found a wallet with a few hundred dollars inside - they'd notice it was missing, which I usually tried to avoid, but I had nothing left to lose now.

I sneaked back down and easily went to my car, unnoticed.

***

I ended up renting the first floor in some deaf old lady's house. It was cheap rent, and I could even get an honest job.

Next thing I did was buy forged documents. I became Tina Reckes, and I was eighteen instead of seventeen. I so enrolled myself in the third year of high school. People were a bit confused by my sloppy background story, but they welcomed me with open arms.

I wasn't sure what I was planning on doing. Before Smith's Grove, I went to school. I wanted to be a psychiatrist. So, I would continue doing that.

There was always the option of serial killer. It was much easier, but I wasn't sure I'd be able to keep out of prison for long.

I had to cut my hair shorter and I had begun wearing green lenses since Siona Frost appeared on TV and on radio. I was safe.

For now.