10

I woke up feeling strange.
My whole body was throbbing painfully, accompanied by a sharp pain in my right shoulder.
Everything that had happened came back to me in a flash, and I opened my eyes instantly, shooting up into a sitting position.

My body throbbed in protest, but I didn't give it any mind, instead looking around. Red carpeted walls enclosed the small-ish room, the bed I was lying on perfectly made, lacking covers. Red curtains lined the windows, and there was a desk, a nightstand, and a small wooden closet.
It looked like a hotel.

I got up to my feet, ispecting my bandaged shoulder. It was bandaged a bit too tightly, but otherwise not bleeding. As I got up, I stepped onto something sharp and slippery. I moved my foot away quickly, thinking it was a knife. But it turned out to be a pistol bulled and a small pool of dry blood. Was it my bullet?

Where was Michael? Where was Loomis? Laurie? Where was I?

As if he heard my thoughts, Michael's head suddenly popped into the window. He got through comfortably, and I noticed that he was bloodier than usual. His blue onesie was even dirtier than ever, and there seemed to be a fresh bulletgole on his chest.

"What happened? Where are we? Where's Loomis? Where's Laurie?" I asked one question after another while Mikey was busy piercing my injured shoulder with his gaze. A sense of gratitude overcame me when I remembered that he saved me and got the bullet out...
"And you're welcome for saving you from that maniac, Loomis! I totally sacrificed myself for you," I added smugly. Mikey rolled his bright blue eyes, and then nodded towards the window.

I looked out and saw that we had a view of a parking place next to the big grocery store in the town centre. We were on the ground floor.

"So, the hotel. We broke into here, I'm guessing?" I asked, looking over at Michael. He nodded, pacing around the room impatiently.

"Did you kill Laurie?" an annoyed shaking of his head, followed by a relieved sigh from me. Followed by an angry stomp from him, and his footsteps approaching me quickly.

I stood my ground as he stomp we towards me, standing mere inches away. But I knew he wasn't angry at me.

Swiftly, he rumbled around his pockets and pulled out a photograph. He showed it to me, keeping it out of reach as if I was going to steal it.

On the picture was a small boy with a bright smile holding a baby.

"Okay, what of it?" I asked cluelessly, and Michael sighed. He rarely sighed.

He pointed with a bloody finger at the baby.

Then it dawned on me.

"You found Laurie's baby pictures?"

He facepalmed and turned away from me, waving me off when I tried to ask what I did wrong.
He ignored all my attempts to communicate as he pulled out more stuff from his pockets - a paper chocolate wrapper and a pencil. I shut up when I realised what he was going to do.

"Why didn't you think of doing this earlier?" I interrupted, but he ignored my question and furiously scribbled something onto the wrapper, then thrust it at me. I took it from him, ignoring the sensation of our fingers brushing.

There, in hurried but yet neat handwriting ir said: Laurie is my sister.

"Oh. Yeah, okay. But why would you want to kill her?" He took the paper from me again, turned it around, and scribbled two words: Thorn curse.

"Thorn curse? What's that?" As soon as I uttered those words, there was a knock on the door.

"Hello? Excuse me? This room is supposed to be empty!" a woman's voice sounded through. I shared a look with Michael before we both dashed towards the open window. I managed to squish in in front of him, quickly vaulting through and nearly falling upon my awkward landing.
Michael landed next to me, a lot quieter and more graceful than I.