Chapter Six

KAT

        I started to get sweaty and nervous, because I knew Randy was talking to me. Oh God, I thought. He knows who I am. I didn't know what to do but pretend to not know who he was and flirt. "Oh yeah?" I said flashing a flirty smile. "What?" Randy smiled back walking closer towards me. "Oh, nothing," he said slyly. Oh man. He knows. He most definitely knows. What if that's what he's going to say? What if he starts to make fun of me?! He continued still smiling like he knew. "Just that I think you're really cute and we should go out some time." 

        Phew. Okay so maybe he didn't know. I really didn't want to go out with him though. I mean, Randy? How gross! But, it would make me more popular and it would help me become a true Soc. "Tonight? Movie house? 8:00?" he asked. "Sure," I thought. He started to walk away and I found myself trying to think of something clever to say. "But," I said and he turned around to me. "Only if you buy the popcorn." He smiled, nodded, and walked down the hallway. What had I just gotten myself into? Did I just agree to go on a date with Randy, and not only that, but FLIRT with him? What was wrong with me?

.   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .    .   .   .   .   .   .   . .   .   .   .   .   . 

        Later that night I drove my Stingray over to the movie house, hoping that Mack wouldn't need it. The whole car ride to the movie house I started regretting my move to flirt with Randy. I mean, I didn't really want to go out with Randy did I? OH MY GOD, DID I? I was so confused and ready to just get on with it when I finally pulled up to Randy at the movie house. 

        "Hey!" I called. "Hey doll!" Randy called back. He put his arm around me and I giggled as we walked to our seats. We sat down and Randy went to go grab some popcorn and a soda. Just as he left I saw three people I was hoping NOT to see. There walking in to sit behind me and Randy were Soda, Two-Bit, and Steve. What were they doing here? And why did it have to be tonight? I was hoping they just didn't notice it was me. Randy came back with some popcorn and 2 sodas and right when he sat down, Two-Bit started in on him. "Hey Randy!" he joked. "What are doing with a girl like that?! I thought you were into ugly girls so they would make you look better!" Two-Bit laughed and Randy turned around to face him. "Hey you shut your mouth grease! Atleast I got a girl!" Randy smirked as if he had won, but I knew it wasn't going to be over that easy. Two-Bit broke his bottle on the back of Randy's chair and yelled, "Alright Randy, are you looking for a fight because I don't mind starting one!" Steve and Soda tried to call him down, but once Two-Bit was ready for a fight, there was no stopping him. Randy got up quickly and turned around to Two-Bit. "Maybe I am!" he shouted back. Soda and Steve took out there blades and stood up too. Everyone at the drive in was groaning and shouting for them to sit down, but they all ignored them. I didn't know what to do. I had to stop this, but I couldn't show my face. I stayed down in my seat and kept my face covered, but I yelled, "Stop! There's no point in fighting!" Soda stopped what he was doing and looked at me. "Wait a second..." he uttered. He started to grab me to make me stand up as Randy shouted "Hey! Don't touch her!" I was forced to stand up and looked at him. Two-Bit dropped his broken bottle AND his jaw, as well as Steve. "Kat?" they questioned harmoniously. Randy looked confused and looked over at me. "You know these guys?" Uh oh.