Chapter Eighteen

We rode down the road leading to a place I didn't know. I couldn't see out the side windows to tell where we were and plus the Soc in the back with me was blocking my view. Randy slowed down though at some point and said, "Okay, tie her." He threw a rope in the back seat and the Soc immediately grabbed me. I kicked and screamed, "What are you doing?!" No one answered me, though, as they tied me up and I screamed. Randy came to a stop. He put on knife on my throat and threatened me to shut up, or die. I became quiet for my own sake and began to sob instead. "Why Randy?" I cried. "Why are you doing this? What did I do to you?" "Don't pretend like you don't know!" he yelled. "I really liked you, but you played me! You're one of those greasers. You thought you could play me and break my heart to make me look like a fool in front of them?! Or maybe it was to make one of them jealous!" "No!" I cried. "It was for none of those reasons! I did really like you for a little while!" But did I really? Or was I lying to Randy and myself? Maybe I WAS trying to make Soda jealous, and maybe that was my whole reason for dating Randy. Well, look where it got me. Not that far you could say. Randy put the knife away from my throat and just gave me a sinister stare. He had an angry look in his eyes. Not just angry, but sad. It was the same look that Mack gave Dally when he was kissing that red head. It was the same look Soda gave me the day we broke up. It was the same look I had given Soda the day that we showed up on their front porch and he was with Sandy. It was a look of pain. A look of heartbreak. I had been many things, but never had I been a heartbreaker. But, yet here I was looking into the eyes of a heartbroken person, a person who was heartbroken by me. "Look," I said. "I'm sorry! Can't you just forgive me?" "Please," I pleaded. Randy's eyes turned soft as he looked into mine.

But as soon as they had softened they had hardened back again. He started to get out of the car saying in a sinister voice, "I'm sorry, Katlyn." He stepped out of the car and looked into the it. "But, I'm afraid I can't do that." The car door slammed and I was trapped, trapped inside the car of the heartbroken.