Chapter Two

Absolutely beautiful cover made by IzzyBae20 Thanks so much :))

This chapter is dedicated to GulabJamunIsLife Your comments had me laughing!!

His Game: Chapter Two

To play fairly, I've decided to give this new girl a few weeks to get settled into Clear Lake Academy. The longer I give her to settle, the longer I have to learn about her and vise versa. I never like to enter my game blindly; I like to know what I'm getting into with a girl.

It's only fair that this new girl learn about my reputation, maybe even hear from a few other players about how I work.

As the few weeks pass by, I have Dino and Roger help me find out information on her. They know the drill; they tend to help out when I want to go after a girl that we all know little about.

I let myself into Dino's massive house, per usual, and walk towards his basement. My footsteps echo along the hardwood floors into his entirely too empty house. His parents are both big business owners and are rarely home, though they never disclose exactly what they do. But, being gone all the time clearly leaves Dino alone with the mansion all to himself.

And, trust me, Dino knows just how to take advantage of that.

I saunter down to the basement, skipping down the familiar steps to see both Dino and Roger chilling at the bar with beers in hand. Once they see me, they both raise their cans and Dino tosses me the third.

I catch it as I walk towards them, popping the can while I slide in the seat next to Roger while Dino stands across from us. I take a long swig before placing it down, smirking at the two of them.

"Alright boys," I start, shifting my gaze between the two of them, "What have you got for me?"

Roger whips out his phone, clicking around and most likely going to his notes where he's kept tabs on the information he's been gathering.

"Her name is Josephine Chapman, eighteen, army brat, her dad is a Marine-" he pauses for us all to mumble our respect for anyone in the military, "and lives over in Chester Estates," Roger concludes, locking his phone.

I smile and lift my beer to him, "Good work, man." Then I nod to Dino, "What about you?"

"Uh," he starts, clearing his throat, "she ain't from Jersey."

I squint my eyes at him, "That's all you got?"

He throws his hands up, "Well whats was I supposed to find, eh? Roger over here got all the easy stuff!" He exclaims.

I sigh deeply and roll my eyes to him, "I guess you supplied the beers."

He smirks and grabs his, downing the rest, "Exactly."

Setting my beer down, I glance between Roger and Dino. "So, I think it's time I start my game. I've given her a couple of weeks to learn all she needs to know about me."

"If you don't, no doubt someone else is going to swoop in. That girls hot, Rhett. Like, really hot. The entire football team is already talking about who can get her first," Roger warns.

I wave it off, "Fellas, don't worry. I saw the way she eyed me, she wants to play this game just as badly as me."

"Oh, and Rhett, I went after Stephanie. You were right, a dream if you know what I mean," Dino grins, sending me an overly exaggerated wink.