Chapter Twenty Four

Amazing cover attached made by mmarianaa2 Thanks so much!

His Game: Chapter Twenty Four

Once I finish my question, complete with a cocky gleam in my eye for how spontaneous and probably dreamy I am right now, Joey's gaze moves from me to the trailer hooked up to my motorcycle.

I watch her calculating gaze stare at the trailer for a few moments, and then, as though her thoughts lined up exactly how she wanted, she starts to smile.

"This some grand idea to woo me for our last weekend?" She asks, quirking a brow at me.

I chuckle and throw my hands into my pockets with a tiny shrug, "Something like that. So, what do you say? Trust me enough to drop everything and go with me?"

Her smile is the only answer I need.

Ten minutes later, Joey has a small bag packed with the vague list I offered her and I'm putting it in the trailer. I make sure she doesn't watch me do it, considering this adventure is going to be kept a secret until we get to our destination, and if she saw what I packed it would give it away.

She mounts the back of my bike after I get on, sliding her hands around my waist and underneath my loose jacket to hold on to me for the ride. I glance at her over my shoulder, nearly knocking helmets.

"Ready?"

We drive for an hour, hitting the coast and feeling the salty change in the air. Though it's November, we're in California so the air is still warm enough for people to be enjoying the beach.

The sun is supposed to set in less than an hour, which is exactly how I tried to plan this. We drive down closer to the beach, the late hour causing people to start to pack up and head home for the night. I park the bike, stepping off with slightly shaky legs from a long ride.

Joey gets off as well, removing her helmet and shaking her hair out. Her astonished eyes stare at the beach in front of us, a reflection of her view showing in her eyes. She looks over at me with her mouth slightly parted in disbelief.

"Punk..." she trails off.

I grin at her reaction and walk closer to her. I take her hands in mine and give them a small squeeze before lifting and resting them on my shoulders as I place mine on her waist.

"Surprised?" I ask.

She lets out a small, breathy laugh. "That's an understatement. I half expected you to take me to some motel in the mountains for a creepy get-away that was meant to be cute."

I cringe, "Really?"

"A little bit."

My eyes move to the beach, "Well, low expectations just lead to more amazement so I'd say that worked in my favor." I glance back at her and smile, taking her hand again and pulling her down to the beach. "Come on."

"You know," she says after we remove our shoes and let the cool sand between our toes, "despite moving around so much, I've never set foot in the Pacific ocean."

I turn my head to her and smirk slightly, "Well, what are you waiting for?"

"Isn't it going to be, like, freezing?" She asks, warily watching the waves crash down on the shore before being taken out to sea again.

"Do you really think I'm going to let you not get in the water after you just told me you've never been in the Pacific?"

She glances back at me, "Just my feet."