The drive

You walked outside, the air was cold and smelled like rain. It was a bit chilly and you wrapped your arms around yourself. He noticed and wrapped an arm around you. Both of you started to walk.
"So what's your name?" You questioned.
"I'm Tom."
"It's nice to meet you, Tom." You said," I'm guessing you know what my name is?"
"Yes I do, Y/n." He smiled as you smiled back. He stopped next to a red car. He took his keys out of his pocket and clicked a button triggering the car to beep.
"Here let me." Tom said reaching over to the door. Tom opened the door and you sat inside. He quickly went around and opened his door. "Nice car." You admired the Carmel color of the seats.
"Thank you. She's been mine since I was 16. Pops gave me her." Tom started the engine. "How old are you?"
Toms face looked a bit offended. "No no I just thought you were like 18 or something.."
"I'm 23." Tom smiled and drove onto the road.
"How old are you?"Tom said.
"I'm 20. Almost 21."
"You're under age. You can't drink."
"Oh come on."
"How close is your birthday?"
"Almost 2 months away." You looked out the window. You passed by a coffee shop you and Harrison went last week. That day was a good day. The whole family got together that day. Usually your family doesn't have time to get together; Harrison being busy with his work traveling back to the UK and your parents busy with the their small tea and coffee shop. You live in Chicago, Illinois. It's been a year since you seen your family.
"I think we're here." Tom turned right leading up to the hotel.
"Thanks again for giving me a ride." You said.
"Well goodnight Tom."you smiled at him.  Right when you got out of the car Tom said, "wait y/n.."
"yeah?"
"You think um I can hang out with you for a bit more?"
"Yeah you can come hang out." Tom smiled and turned off the engine. You both entered the lobby and went towards the elevator. Tom entered first and you followed. You pressed the number 10. The doors started to close, "oh wait wait hold it!" Someone yelled down the hallway. You quickly put your foot between the doors and they opened. An old lady with a suitcase waddled over and came inside.
"Thank you so much dear." She put a hand on your shoulder and smiled. You smiled back. "What floor?" Tom asked the lady.
"7 please."
Tom pressed the button and the elevator went up. A few min passed by and the lady broke the awkward silence,"So what brings you lovely couple to New York?"
"Oh we're not together." You both said. She chuckled and smiled.
"I'm here to visit my family." You said. "And you?" You and the lady looked at Tom. He stood there for a while. "Um work."
"Oh and what work brings you here?" She asked. You looked at Tom and raised your eyebrows.
"Businesses man." Tom smiled. The lady thought to herself. A bell rung and the doors opened. She walked out "it's was nice meeting you to lovebirds. Have a good rest of your night." She smiled and walked away. You both laughed.
"So you're here for work?"
"Yeah I am."
"What type of business?"
"It's boring honestly."
"Ok." The bell rung and you walked out. You went left and walked towards your door.