Secrets

Tom drove you to the Chicago's newspaper building. You walked over to your office and sat down in front of your computer. Few hours passes by while you worked on papers. Your phone buzzed on the counter. It was Harrison.
"Hello?" You answered.
"Hey y/n. I um.. wanted to apologize how I acted in the hote-" "It's fine Harrison."
"Really?"  "Yeah really. But I want to know why you acted like Tom was a bad guy."
Silence.
"Harrison." You said. "Um this would have been better to tell you this in person but um.. I can't right now." "What?"
"I'll call you later maybe ask Tom see if he um can explain.. I guess." "Wai-"
"Okay bye." And just like that the call ended. That was odd you thought.
You took your mind of the conversation and returned to your work.
"Bye Nick see you later." You waved goodbye and headed out the door. The clouds still let out there rain making you put your hood on. Your shoes tapped against the wet concrete. Your mind kept focusing on why Harrison wouldn't tell you something about Tom. He always tells you everything and when he doesn't want to you always find out. Now you need to call Tom to find out what the hell is going on.
You walked down a few blocks down to go eat at a diner until you saw a red car parked in an alley. You stopped and stared. Is that Toms car?
Hmm? This street doesn't have any thing to do with art. Out of curiosity you walked into the alley to make sure it was Toms.
As you got closer you recognize it. There was white rusted door on a tall building next to Toms car. You looked up at the building. Windows were broken few pieces of the walls were falling apart.
Sounds of laughs made you jump. It came from inside. You slowly opened the door making it squeak.
"Oh shit shhh." You whispered.
The door lead to a dark room with another door open revealing light. You tiptoed through the room not to make any sound.
You peered your head around the door and saw a girl sitting on a table with papers scared around. A tall muscular man with a fine cut jaw looked at the papers.
A guy with a beanie on sat behind two computers. He looked very focused on what ever he was doing.
And Tom hovering over him pointing at the screen.
What is going on?
You accidentally pushed on the door causing it to bang against the wall.
They all looked up at you startled.
"Hey!"
You tried to run outside but a strong hand grabbed you around the waist picking you up from the ground but you quickly elbowed him in the stomach. He dropped you but it was too late. A person was pointing a gun straight at your head. You stood there staring him dead in the eye. He looked confused but shocked.
"Who the hell are you?" He said.
"Who are you." You replied.
"Don't make me shoot yo-"
Suddenly Tom ran over and stood in front of you. He grabbed your hand making you back up with him. He blocked the gun from you. "Hey hey AK it's fine I know her."
"What?"
"She's um she's a good friend of mine."
"Boy you're not supposed to bring people into this." He sounded angry.
"AK calm down okay you.. you can trust me, trust her she wont tell anyone. I promise. Now put the gun down. Okay."
He did as Tom said. Tom let go of your hand and turned around to look at you. "What are you doing here?"
"I- um.." you couldn't speak. You heart was racing.
"Now who's she?" The girl appeared behind Tom.
"Is she your lover Little Boy?"
"Little Boy?" You whispered.
Tom looked down at his feet up to your eyes.
"Yeah she's um she's mine."
Your heart flew out of your chest.
She's mine.
"Hello Little Boys girlfriend. I'm DJ. It's nice to meet you." She offered you her hand. You shook her hand.
"What just happened?" You finally spoke.
"Um it complicated."
"Hell yeah it is Boy." AK said. "This could ruin everything!" He yelled. "You know the rules Little Boy."
"AK-" Tom walked over to him and whispers something in his ear.
"So are you like a new person in the group or -"
"What group."
"Oh I see he hasn't told you yet."
"Told me what?"
"I'll leave it to him to explain. When he's done talk to me alright."
She walked away.
Tom slowly made his way to you. "Tom what is all this? And why are they calling you 'Little Boy'?"
"Y/n um I'm- you know how I said I sell art."
"Yeah."
"Well um we kinda steal it then sell it." He spoke quickly.
"Kinda!?" You raised your voice a bit.
"Shhh. Wait listen to me. We don't hurt anyone while doing it."
"Then explain why someone was pointing a gun at my head."
Tom sighed. "AK has been a little jumpy today."
"AK?"
"Yeah we all have nicknames."
"Is this like a gang?"
Tom laughed. "No I don't think so."
"This is crazy." You rested against the wall.
"Y/n promise me you won't tell anyone."
"Tom I don-"
"Please." Those brown deep eyes looked into yours.
"Fine." You said. Tom smiled in joy and kissed your lips. You were caught off guard . His hand cupped your cheek the other pulling you closer to him. You kissed him back. He pulled away fast. "What's wrong?" You asked? "Sorry I di-"
"Tom stop this the apologizing. Remember. I'm yours. And your mine." He rested his forehead on yours.