Things get heated

"I want him to leave. Now."
Harrison demanded.
"Harrison-"
"Little b- Tom leave."
Harrison seemed frustrated but also confused. Something was suspicious about them two.
You walked up to Harrison.
"What's going on?"
"What do you mean?"
"Something seems weird-"
"Hey I'll go I don't want to be more of a bother." Tom put his jacket on.
"Bye y/n." Tom waved you good bye and walked out the door.
The door shut.
"Harrison why do you have to do this?"
"Do what? Protect you?"
"You ruin things for me. I made a new friend and like always you butt in and ruin it."
"I'm protecting you."
"No Harrison... leave."
He hesitated to say something. He put a cup on the table and left.

You sat on the foot of the bed and sighed. You grabbed the coffee and it tasted odd. This wasn't yours. Harrison accidentally left the wrong one.
Today was your last day here and already it's gone to a bad start. You started to pack to get your mind off what just happened. Tom leaving kept replaying in your mind. The feeling of his arm wrapped around you. Empty Beer bottles laid on the table. You grabbed them and threw them in the trash can. As you started to pack up you checked some drawers if there was anything left. You checked the one on the side of the bed. You're camera case was in there with the camera beside it. You picked both up and started to put the camera inside. But something caught your eye. A paper was on the bottom of the case. You grabbed it and flipped it over.
Meet me at the cafe down the street at noon. -Tom
You smiled and checked your phone. 11:36am. You have 24 mins to get ready and meet him.

The air was chilly when you walked out. You hugged your jacket and started to walk down the street with your luggage following you. The street was filled with cars honking and taxis picking up people. It was a Friday and you could tell people wanted to get the weekend started. The cafe was a few buildings down. You turned the corner and the cafe was right there. As you opened the door a warm breeze with a hint of coffee hit your face. Soft music was playing quietly and people sat chatting with each other. You looked around and saw him sitting in a booth in the corner. He was looking out the window. You pretend not to see him and you ordered a coffee.
You waited for your coffee and looked at Tom. He stared at his phone and frowned. He put his face in his hand.
"Y/n?" A lady called your name. Your coffee was ready and you grabbed it. You walked over to Tom and sat in front of him.
"Hey are you okay?" You asked. He looked up startled.
"Oh hey. Yeah I'm just frustrated. Work."
"Ah yes business can be hard sometimes."
"Is working for the newspaper that hard?"
"It can be sometimes."
"Work sucks." Tom laughed as did you.
"Yeah well if we don't work we don't have a house or food."
"True."
"Sorry about earlier with your brother."
"It's fine. He's a little bit over protective."
"I see you're leaving today." Tom looked at your luggage.
"Yeah I have to go to the airport later."
"Hey you think.. I can take you home. I need to do some work over in Chicago."
"Oh really. Yeah you can give me a ride."
You smiled at each other.
"Do you maybe wanna leave like right now?"
"Yes I do!" You both laughed and grabbed your stuff.
"Here let me help you." Tom put your luggage in his trunk and shut it. You stepped inside Toms car and set your coffee in the cup holder. Tom sat inside and started the engine.

The sun was going down and you were asleep. Tom looked over at you and smiled to himself. He saw you hug yourself. Tom quickly took off his leather jacket and set it on top of you gently. You snuggled the jacket.
Another hour went by and the sun was gone. The moon in the sky lighting the dark sky. You woke up to Tom listening to music, on hand on the wheel the other going through his curly locks. What a beautiful site to wake up to.
"Morning." Tom smirked.
"Hey."
"You hungry?"
"No not really."
"You slept for a long time."
"Your car is really comfortable." You giggled.
"Haha it is."
"Thanks for the blanket."
"Yeah no problem."
"Here." You handed the jacket to Tom.
"No it's fine. You can put it on if you'd like. My heater doesnt work right now."
"Okay. Thanks." You put the jacket on. It was a little bit big on you but you felt good wearing it.
"I'm sorry but I have to say it, I've never seen someone look so gorgeous while they're sleeping. Or wearing that jacket."
Your cheeks flushed in heat. You felt your face go red and you turned to the window.
"You're the one who looks gorgeous in this jacket." You smirked.
You turned to look at Tom. His cheeks turned pink and he tried not to smile. But he failed.
That made your heart flutter.
Toms brown eyes stared into yours.
"I've never met someone like you y/n."
And just like that his lips were on yours. Your hands wrapped around his face bringing him closer. The car swerved a bit. You both let go and Tom put both hands on the wheel. He turned right and slowed the car down. He stopped and parked the car. "Tom-"
Again, he kissed you. His hands held your face and you put your hand on the back of his neck.