I. Entrance Ceremony

A.N: Hey guys, I'm so glad people are interested in this fic and I hope you enjoy it. Here's the first chapter!!!
(Side note: I'm finally getting the Switch so I can play Breath of The Wild!!!!)

Warning: Violence and cursing. These are recurring themes throughout this fic.

On Katsuki's eighteenth birthday, he did not ask for a new video game or a huge party like his mother expected.
Instead he told her he'd been accepted to UA.

UA was an elite school for assassins.
Katsuki's mother, Mitsuki Bakugo, attended the school herself and was known as The Tigress; the most powerful assassin of all time. Becoming the top assassin was nothing to her, of course.
After all, she was a strong full-breed Alpha. From the moment she was born, she was destined to succeed.
Hearing that their son would be following in their footsteps, well, any mother would be proud.

Mitsuki Bakugo on the other hand was furious.

"WHAT?! YOU CAN'T ATTEND UA! WHEN DID YOU EVEN APPLY?" Katsuki winced, as Mitsuki let out a vicious roar, her charcoal and caramel scent bubbling with fury. Thankfully, her pheromones didn't effect him much, otherwise he would be on his knees submitting right now.
Inhaling, he roared right back at his Alpha mother. "CALM DOWN, OLD HAG! I APPLIED THREE MONTHS AGO. THEY SAW I WAS STRONG AND ASKED ME TO ATTEND THE ENTRANCE CEREMONY!"
"HA?! DON'T TELL ME TO CALM DOWN, YOU LITTLE SHIT." She tossed another plate at him; it sailing overhead when he ducked, shattering against the wall. Her scarlet eyes smouldered darkly, as if enraged that he dodged the plate and she stomped forward. "YOU WON'T BE ATTENDING THAT CEREMONY! IT'S IMPOSSIBLE, IDIOT!"
"N-Now, now. Let's all try to keep calm." Katsuki's Dad, Masaru Bakugo, stepped in, voice shaking with nerves. Masaru was a Beta who met Mitsuki while she was on a mission as an assassin. He was actually her target, but when she tried to kill him, they made eye contact and BOOM!!!
They became fated pairs.
"KEEP CALM?! HOW THE FUCK CAN I KEEP CALM, MASARU?" With a glance at Masaru's startled expression, Mitsuki took a step back and physically struggled to lower her voice. "Sorry honey, it's just..." She looked at Katsuki, eyes no longer brimming with barely-contained fury.
Now, they were sad.
"You know he can't."
Katsuki stiffened, but his mother continued, voice rough. "UA is a school full of Alphas and Betas - he would be surrounded by enemies." Masaru reached for his wife, intertwining their fingers. Katsuki watched them emotionlessly. I know what she'll say next. I can handle this. Resisting the urge to mouth along with her when she spoke, he rolled his eyes.
"I swear, sweetheart," Mitsuki's sympathetic gaze cut through him, harsher than her furious glare. "If I knew you'd be safe, I'd let you go."
Ah, how many times have I heard that now? Every birthday party, every school trip, every time I wanted to just walk to the park a few blocks away, she always said the same thing.

But, I came prepared this time.

Smirking, Katsuki crossed his arms over his chest and stared into his mother's eyes, reveling in the surprise there.
"Then let me go to the Entrance Ceremony tomorrow. It's a trial run, to see if the people that have been accepted are really worthy of attending UA." Her face dropped and his smirk widened. "If I fail that, then I won't ever mention UA again."

"B... But..." Mitsuki trailed off and shook her head. Seeing that she had nothing to say to that, he turned on his heel and marched out of the kitchen. Suddenly very tired, Katsuki headed to his bedroom and climbed out the window, swinging himself nimbly onto the roof. Plopping down on the slatted tiles, he rested his arm on his bent knee and stared out at the night sky. In the distance, he spotted the silhouettes of other houses and the park, trees a faint outline against the the inky blackness that stretched above him. The Bakugo family lived a good distance away from people and the city. Mitsuki claimed it was because she liked her privacy, but Katsuki knew it was for him.
To keep me safe.
Masaru's clumsy footsteps scuffed about in his bedroom, before the Beta's head appeared at the edge of the roof. Katsuki watched him awkwardly haul himself onto the roof, resisting the urge to help him. With a heavy sigh, Masaru sprawled across the roof, sweating and panting as if he'd run a marathon.
"I think I'll leave all the assassin agility to you and your mother." He mumbled beneath his breath, moving to sit next to the blonde. "Katsuki - "
"I'm not giving up on this, Dad." Katsuki interrupted, voice considerably quieter than when talking with his mother. "It's not like all those other things I've had to give up. T...This is important." A brief silence stretched on and Katsuki inhaled his father's calming scent; wood and pepper. It washed over him with familiarity, easing his tense muscles and lulling him into a sleepy, soothed state.
"I came up here to lecture you, but I don't think I can." Masaru stated, voice a deep rumble in his chest. "I want you to be happy, son. If UA can make you happy, then do whatever it takes to get in." Katsuki grinned and Masaru reached over to ruffle his hair.