VIII. 3am Soup Adventure

A.N: Thanks for all the support and plz comment/vote!
Here's the next chapter! ❤️❤️❤️

Izuku's P.O.V:
Staring at the ceiling, I contemplate what I'd just done.

The clock ticks noisily and my roommate, Iida, snores as he tosses and turns in his sleep. The room I was assigned to is small and functional; two beds, shelves along the walls, a wardrobe and a nightstand.
Iida has already unpacked, folded his clothes neatly into the wardrobe and stacked books and a globe across two shelves.
His wall is blank, but a small frame is placed on his nightstand, showcasing an old photograph of a younger version of himself and an older boy with similar features. Beside it, his folded glasses nestle snuggly in their open case.
In comparison, my side of the room is completely barren; no photos, no belongings. Just two sets of clothes and training gear. The uniform I received also hangs in the wardrobe and it only emphasises my lack of belongings with its sleek, rich fabric.
The bed I lay in is hard and uncomfortable and I know it will bring many sleepless nights in the future. Iida and I silently removed all of the bugs and listening devices when we first arrived.
I assumed having a roommate would be hardwork and mean a lot of tense morning routines, but Iida is surprisingly kind. Admittedly, he's a little overbearing and values efficiency, but he has been the most welcoming of my peers so far. Even after what happened in the waiting area of the infirmary...
Upon arrival at UA, the least thing I expected was to make a friend, but Iida seems decidedly set on creating some sort of bond between us. Perhaps, he's investing time into a possible partner for the future.
Frankly I've never thought about working with someone else.

Liar.

I stiffen, swallowing thickly and pushing that voice; that foreign, guttural growl that sometimes rattled through my thoughts, away.
When did it start? How long has that other half of myself existed? From the moment I was born? From when I was deemed Alpha?
Or maybe from the moment I Marked Kacchan?

Alpha. Even the word is sickening. From the moment I first heard it, I knew it was wrong. It didn't fit me. There was no way it could ever fit me. I was supposed to be a Beta, maybe an Omega.
Nothing more, nothing less.
I would've been happy, being a different gender, lived out my life in blissful averageness. I wouldn't have known what it was like to have another, terrifying part of myself ready to lash out at the littlest of things; a scent, a gender, a Heat.

I wouldn't have hurt Kacchan.

People always say that Alphas are superior, a dying, but incredible breed. Smart, strong, skilled; they excel in every aspects of their lives.
I wonder why I'm different?
Perhaps something went wrong inside me; a missing cell, a few less chromosomes, a warped mind.
I've never been too smart, never been very athletic or artistic. Never stood out.
I'm average.
The only way I can view my gender is by its downsides. The Ruts, the lack of control, the rage, the constant fear of what I'll do all because of something as trivial as instincts. There is nothing good about being an Alpha for me.
In fact, it's disgusting.
If the word Alpha can excuse the thousands of crimes against Omegas, the political conspiracies and cases of assault all across the world, then its filthy.
Alphas shouldn't be revered, they should be loathed.

Even me. Especially me.

I've Marked Kacchan against his will, injured Todoroki and there is also that incident....
If that doesn't prove I'm a vile Alpha, then the thoughts I have about Kacchan will.
God..... I sit up in bed, scratching my head anxiously.  Its gotten worse since we reunited.
The Collar he wears, it's the same as the one from that day when I–
A drink. I throw off my covers and slip into my boots, sneaking silently from the room so as not to wake Iida. I need a drink of water.
Once the door clicks shut quietly behind me, I make my way through the corridors with cream walls and a gold-trimmed red carpet, to the Common Room. I